Summer 16 Challenge Results

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Grahamshed

Established Member
Reaction score
Well, its taken much longer than usual but here they are at last. my apologies for the delay, sometimes things just don't come together.

Due to the small number of entries and the fact that only three of you voted ( which would skew the results ) this month is going to be different and only the judges results will be used. This is what Richard had to say……

Hi Graham

My apologies, I have been so busy I just haven't gotten around to it.

Here they are though!

1st- Bubba - I was impressed by the different elements of this and how well they have been brought together. Involuted work often lacks the fluid curves of standard turning but I think you've done a great job. Nice choice of timber and excellent level of finish.

2nd- Dennisk- Simple but really well executed. Lovely finish and nice fluid flowing curves.

3rd- Castanea- Interesting project with a challenging finial to turn. Excellent level of finish.

4th- Stiggy- Not sure about the shape of this, although understand the reasons behind it. The curves involved are nice and smooth and fluid and the level of finish also looks to be excellent.

Well done to all entrants. I am impressed by the level of finish shown in all of them. I'd love to see more next time though.

All the best

Richard 

My congratulations to Bubba and my thanks to the other entrants.

CONGRATS BUBBA, many thanks to Graham and Richard. I sure would like for this to continue,but it cant continue without support. Thx again. dk

Thanks everyone for the kind words. You have no idea how much this made my day.

Well done to the other entrants for submitting awesome pieces. Thanks for putting in the time and effort to allow the challenge to move forward.

Thanks for taking time out of your busy schedule to judge this event Richard.

Lastly, Thank You to Graham for putting in the time to see the challenge continue. If you lived closer I would buy you a cold pint for the time and energy you have invested so that I may continue to be challenged and grow as a turner.

For all of you sitting on the sidelines..... get turning early so you can enter the next challenge!!!

Well done Bubba for 1st place!

Thank you Richard for the positive words.

I'm glad I entered - it's given me confidence to enter again, which I look forward to doing, even though I haven't tried any piercing and I have no idea of what to do!

Thanks Graham for organising this!
:D

Back