Sub

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ironballs":36d6yjoe said:
In the number two car I don't even have a stereo, well unless you count the stereo effect pipes down the side......

DSCN1631.jpg

Sorry I didn't realise we were in a petrolhead willy waving contest.

Here's my car:
Ultima_at_7000ft_001.sized.jpg

Reims_Grid.sized.jpg

p.s. Well done to the OP for having the balls to post his work to oldgiffer.net. Make as much noise as you like, as long as you keep it to Moss Side.

My young neice installed one of the sub woofer things in my previous car. I used to love driving home on a Wednesday and listening to choral evensong on radio 3 and the sub woofer really did improve my listening pleasure. Alas the Jag and evensong are no longer with us :cry:

However, for a real mans car you need one of these and theres not much room in the boot for a sub. I've had this car for 20 years and recon there's no more fun to be had on four wheels and won't believe anyone who says otherwise :twisted:

Andy

Maia28":zu0kacpx said:
My young neice installed one of the sub woofer things in my previous car. I used to love driving home on a Wednesday and listening to choral evensong on radio 3 and the sub woofer really did improve my listening pleasure. Alas the Jag and evensong are no longer with us :cry:

However, for a real mans car you need one of these and theres not much room in the boot for a sub. I've had this car for 20 years and recon there's no more fun to be had on four wheels and won't believe anyone who says otherwise :twisted:

Andy

Each to their own Andy, all I see in that picture is curly permed Govt agents leaping over the bonnet :D .

filsgreen":2upjko9h said:
Each to their own Andy, all I see in that picture is curly permed Govt agents leaping over the bonnet :D .

:lol: :lol: :lol: All part of the "image" :oops: :oops:

no problem tom coming to a drive way near you soon.
on the 11th we are going down the warf in dartford will call round then hopefully would be about 7ish just hope the little one is not in bed

Ironballs,
Your pic takes me back to about 1973 when I owned a real 289 MkIII in Pacific Green for about a year, totally standard, the most fun I ever had in a car and trust me I've had most of the top kit when I was in the family business, Lancis Stratos (awesome), 246 Dino, Daytona, 275GTB (2nd most favourite), Jensen SP (5 mpg!), 300SL Merc (4000miles!)
It used to be that the real decision was choosing what to 'smoke' for the weekend! 8)
How times have changed, now run a 306 Peuceot estate 'cos it does what I need i to..
Cheers and thanks for taking me back....
Martin

Ok this is my weekend car, it does have a radio but I dont use it, I am also a member of the London Tunnelers, a group of people with fast loud cars (Ferraris,TVRs Lambos) who drive around Londons tunnels making lots of noise.
s5g592.jpg

I was considering getting a bazooka tube in the boot of my Rover 45 Classic so I can listen to some pumping bass and phat tunes whilst sedately on the way to my responsible job, however with the seat folded down to fit in an 8" plank of hardwood it would get in the way. As is stands my car makes just one statement 'I don't need a car to make statements' :lol:

Aidan

Ohhh, if we are allowed to show cars can I show mine? i've got it on order, should be ready in early summer. I will order it in ice white with black wheels. Of course if the current C Crunch has a big effect on my finances then it may have to be down graded to a raleigh chopper with tassles (or a penis extension may be cheaper)

evorawr9.jpg

Regards The Doctor

martlewis":2xzykzjd said:
Jezmaster":2xzykzjd said:
i just like good sound music :)

Why destroy the good sounding music then!

Actually, a well set up and balanced sub will add quality to any kind of music. It's when the sub is given prominence over the rest of the system that it destroys music (and ears).

Cheers

Karl

TheTiddles":ikou55mc said:
I was considering getting a bazooka tube in the boot of my Rover 45 Classic so I can listen to some pumping bass and phat tunes whilst sedately on the way to my responsible job, however with the seat folded down to fit in an 8" plank of hardwood it would get in the way. As is stands my car makes just one statement 'I don't need a car to make statements' :lol:

Aidan

Same as that, Volvo 940 estate, L reg and still going strong. :D

Rich.

Well, I've got a Focus that's more like a skip on wheels for the daily slog and carting me and the rubbish around, the other one is for fun and making loud noises when the sun is out. The hard part is getting Mrs IB out of the drivers seat to let me have a go. Like the Cerb and the Ultima - is it still the record holder for the 0-100-0 time?

Martin - I assume you never think about the value of all of those cars now? It's enough to make you weep

karl":q8bsovrj said:
martlewis":q8bsovrj said:
Jezmaster":q8bsovrj said:
i just like good sound music :)

Why destroy the good sounding music then!

Actually, a well set up and balanced sub will add quality to any kind of music. It's when the sub is given prominence over the rest of the system that it destroys music (and ears).

Cheers

Karl

That I am aware of but perhaps I should have elaborated. I was getting at the idea a lot of people have that chucking a great big sub in the boot and making it go thump sounds good. Most forget that this will involve replacing the stock speakers as well and ensuring you get quality across the full range.

Not meant to be ofensive to o/p, just my little rant about the idiots, especially those living oposite me!

IB
Re the value now, dead right!
You cannot even give it a thought, When I sold the Cobra I thought I'd swum the ocean to get the price I got, about 15-20% of what its worth now!
Martin

Back