Studded Knobs or what ever they are....(Daft question time?)

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Esox Lucius

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi

To begin with i am no good at explaining things so here goes...I am after the plastic headed bolts to make some jigs...The ones with a fairly large head to make tightening/loosening easy so i can make some jigs for my router.

USA sites refer to them as Studded knobs but i cannot find any with google.

Can anyone point me in the right direction as to where i can find and buy some please?

Thanks

Mark

Steve Maskery sells Bristol levers :lol:

Actually, Google embarrassment aside, they're really useful things.

There's a cheap approach too (my Scottish ancestry coming to the fore, I think): use 'pronged tee nuts' to put a strong thread into a wooden, home made knob or lever. I do this quite often for jigs, and Steve M's approach is to super-glue an ordinary nut into a slightly under-size hole, which I guess works equally well.

You can get pronged-T nuts very cheaply from Screwfix/Toolstation etc., and I really recommend searching for Niki's postings of a few years back. Sadly, he's no longer with us, but his ideas for jig making and shop-built tools etc. were not just brilliant but great fun. Here's a thread on making knobs for jigs. He's much missed.

Hope it helps.

E.

Latest posts

Back