Strong colour

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looks great. Sometimes it takes a bold decision. I am curious about the paint you used. I am assuming its sprayed with a kremlin or something it is a nice sheen level.

Very nice job.

Ollie
We do use a kremlin for base coats in the workshop but we always handpaint on site. We have good painters.

Crikey! that is a good finish for hand painting. It has flattened down so smooth. is it a solvent based paint? ( or a trade secret maybe )
Thinking about it, finishing on site has its advantages for any little awkward trim bits and stuff like that.

Ollie

I won't show the wife these pictures, as she has been muttering about repainting our kitchen units, and would like the colour. It would make a change from orange.

Your kitchen hasn't been repainted since the 70s? Wow!!

:)

Our kitchen was orange when we bought the house in 1982 and one bedroom was purple with brown reveals in the window. Needless to say it didn't stay like that for long. I must admit that I like the painted kitchens that are currently in vouge though.

Nigel

Your kitchen hasn't been repainted since the 70s? Wow!!

:)
My kitchen was painted about 5 years ago. The orange isn't quite like, a 70's orange.

Attachments

• 16007593382258367218766258890068.jpg
    16007593382258367218766258890068.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 30
I like that dark green. We're having our bathroom done at the moment and putting panelling on the lower part of the wall. We're thinking of a dark blue or darkish grey. I might now throw a dark green into the options!

Nice job Bob but not a colour I would have chose. I've had an aversion to green kitchens since I installed a one years ago at Gateshead. Green kitchen with green worktops and green appliances and she thought it was lovely, Ive never seen anything as hidious either before or since :oops:

I like that dark green. We're having our bathroom done at the moment and putting panelling on the lower part of the wall. We're thinking of a dark blue or darkish grey. I might now throw a dark green into the options!

So dark grey (with a hint of green to it) was the choice for our bathroom in the end!

IMG_7919.jpeg

It's a F&B colour called Down Pipe. A friend did a round called "Pigment or Figment" for a zoom quiz which was good fun!

That looks very nice. Obviously so expensive there was no money left for a loo seat! :)
I do wonder with those slipper baths, though, does the person who chose them have to clean around them?

First class work Bob. My kitchen is a mere 10 feet square, but I am settling for painted cupboards too. May I ask what paint you used, and is it sprayed on?

John

Latest posts

Back