strimmers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Lons said:
Only if of the 2 legged variety, wearing a black polo shirt, operating a lawnmower and running like hell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took up bees in my late teens (early 1960's) after getting involved in an out apiary near Fort William operated by a friend at that time. He had access to a big house which he took school kids from Fife to (with any double entendre - we did things with those kids which would never be tolerated now and they all benefited from it hugely). One of my memories is one of the kids disappearing into the distance in a cloud of blue words clutching his bum - H & S my A***e :roll:

Rob

OldWood":10ropxu1 said:
Lons":10ropxu1 said:
Only if of the 2 legged variety, wearing a black polo shirt, operating a lawnmower and running like hell :lol: :lol: :lol:

I took up bees in my late teens (early 1960's) after getting involved in an out apiary near Fort William operated by a friend at that time. He had access to a big house which he took school kids from Fife to (with any double entendre - we did things with those kids which would never be tolerated now and they all benefited from it hugely). One of my memories is one of the kids disappearing into the distance in a cloud of blue words clutching his bum - H & S my A***e :roll:

Rob

:lol: :lol: :lol: - Can just picture it.

Always surprises me just how fast the little pippers can fly.

My neighbours' bees always choose one of my apple trees in the field to swarm (rarely the same one) and I remember last year standing with my neighbour a good 20 yards from a swarm waiting for them to settle.
He said "quite safe here, they won't bother us". One of them landed on my arm and instantly stung me. :shock: He was fully suited BTW.

I had to remove a bumble bee nest from my garage a few weeks ago which wasn't fun but it was small and I managed to move it after dark to the bottom of the garden. Wasn't stung but couldn't go near the garage for 2 days.

Bob

Latest posts

Back