Stolen Festool Items

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

woodshavings

Established Member
Reaction score
Have just had my workshop broken into. If any of the following items come to your notice, would appreciate a pm!
Kapex KS120 Mitre Saw
Router OF 1400
CXS Drill
PSBC Cordless Jig Saw
Domino DF500
Many thanks
John

so sorry to hear that john. I do hope the thief's next poo is a hedgehog. Would probably be a good idea to post up Ser No for people to watch out for on the various online selling sites

Sorry to hear about this.

Do you have the serial numbers? Do Festool have a stolen equipment register?

Steve Maskery":rwienyg2 said:
I'm so sorry to hear that. I do know what it feels like.
Good luck.
Hi Steve,
How nice to read your and others response. Yes I remember your theft incident, very upsetting at the time - I hope everything with yourself is OK now and you have another workshop. Have you restarted your vids?

I have made my insurance claim but don't think i will cover very much. First item on my to-do list is to re-enforce the door and lock before replacing anything.
John

woodshavings":ea0jluro said:
Hi Steve,
How nice to read your and others response. Yes I remember your theft incident, very upsetting at the time - I hope everything with yourself is OK now and you have another workshop. Have you restarted your vids?

John

Hi John, life is OK, thank you. Older, wiser, poorer, but happier and I love my workshop. I've just put a new vid on YT. It was mainly an exercise in me learning to use my new kit, so it's not technically perfect, but even so, I'm pleased that it appears to have gone down well.

Hi Steve,
Absolutely appalled to read about this and I know how it feels. Several years ago I had my garage broken into and still get angry thinking about it. I wasn't into serious woodwork at the time so only lost a couple of hundreds worth of power tools and it cost more to have a modern security door fitted. I hope you have some success in recovering your gear.

Regards, Paul

This has cropped up before. I went to visit my sister and bil years ago in NZ. He had not long fitted a burglar alarm. He said it was a garbage alarm, but there were six houses on their lane and his was the only one that had an alarm, therefore any burglar would pick one of the other five. Sound logic, I thought.
This is why everything we own worth more than about £25 is SmartWatered - if for no other reason than to encourage the scrotes to choose next door. :D

My workshop does have CCTV on the outside but they pulled out the cable! When I reinstall, the cable will fitted inside metal conduit.
Trevanion thanks for your post: Only ne of the stolen items was covered by the Festool 3 year theft cover and have already been in contact with my dealer to make that claim. The others are over 3 years.
Next step is a visit from the Direct Line valuation services.....I will post the outcome.
John

Sorry to hear your news.

Make sure you check your tools properly, for things you do not use often.

When I was broken into there were a few things only missed months later as I did not use them much, and by then the insurance had paid out.

woodshavings":3c9x5mqj said:
Next step is a visit from the Direct Line valuation services.....I will post the outcome. John

One thing the loss adjuster will look at is that the type of lock meets insurer's security specification.

Sorry to hear this - hope the insurers don't turn a tragedy into a farce.

woodshavings":3eqiwnbl said:
Only ne of the stolen items was covered by the Festool 3 year theft cover and have already been in contact with my dealer to make that claim..

I'd be particularly interested in hearing how this process goes - privately, if you prefer - as I don't know anyone who's made a claim on the Festool insurance, and it's a question that comes up from time to time in the YouTube comments.

Best. P

Hi Peter,
The Festool claim was very straight forward and successful. Phoned the dealer I purchased the item from, gave him the crime number and serial and reference number from the warranty letter. A couple of days later, he phoned to say it was ready, asked for the £100 excess for the Festool insurance and the cost of postage. Arrived next day.
My direct line insurance has also been good, not as quick as Festool, but I supplied a list of what was stolen, had a call from their valuation people who offered to supply direct some replacement items, the remainder cash or Amazon vouchers for the full amount of their current cost, up to the limit of my policy. (£5K)

Thanks very much for the detail. Good to know that the Festool process was straightforward, and happy to hear that your insurers were on the ball aa well.

Cheers, Peter.

woodshavings":vehhmkvq said:
Hi Peter,
The Festool claim was very straight forward and successful. Phoned the dealer I purchased the item from, gave him the crime number and serial and reference number from the warranty letter. A couple of days later, he phoned to say it was ready, asked for the £100 excess for the Festool insurance and the cost of postage. Arrived next day.
My direct line insurance has also been good, not as quick as Festool, but I supplied a list of what was stolen, had a call from their valuation people who offered to supply direct some replacement items, the remainder cash or Amazon vouchers for the full amount of their current cost, up to the limit of my policy. (£5K)

Back