Steve Maskery Table saw DVD set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
That is an unfair question given Steve is a forum member I would have thought. I have Never seen anyone with a bad word to say for Steve or his products.

I would have thought that just because he is a member that would not stop someone giving an honest opinon in asnwer to the question. After all Cameron, Blair, Churchil (PM + Dog) and Lord Haw Haw were all British and we all give our opinions on them. Besides I think Steve is able to wear any genuine criticism and respond if he feels the need

Droogs":33vkxkyc said:
I think Steve is able to wear any genuine criticism and respond if he feels the need

I thought we had already established that I've never been criticised in my life...

Wildman":33vkxkyc said:
I have Never seen anyone with a bad word to say for Steve or his products.

:)

Thank you all for the endorsements, it's much appreciated.

Damo,

To get a flavour of them, I would have a look at the free clips that Steve has done on Youtube. If you like the look of that, then have a look at what is covered on the dvds and see whether what is covered is what you are looking for. I have the dvds, and I think it is fair to say that the youtube clips are a fair representation. Like with books, magazines, films, music what suits one person may not suit the next and it is a bit different to buying a tool on a recommendation. it is difficult to recommend a book or film without knowing what the other person likes in a book/film...

Mark

I've been lusting after the full set for a long time and despite hints to the family, no gifts are forthcoming. I guess none of them think I'm worth the cost. Socks are much cheaper. :(

Steve Maskery":16819eww said:
You do realise that they don't really love you? Disinherit them.
S
:)

:lol: :lol: Theatened that many times Steve, they don't believe me. :wink:

Steve, I was going to send you this as a PM but it seems to fit into this thread. Do you sell, and if not have you considered selling, a download version of your CDs? I don't have DVD player and can't see myself ever having one. I am particularly interested in your bandsaw trilogy.
Paddy

Hi Paddy. This comes up time and again.

If I were to start from scratch now, everything would be download only. But, when I started, download speeds were geologic and the DVD was the medium of the moment.

It's quite a lot of work to get from what I've got to where I'd like it to be. It's not impossible, but it's a lot of work and until recently, I've not had the energy even to contemplate doing it. This project has never made me any proper money. For the first couple of years I subsidised every single customer, and if you cost my time as a self-employed person, I bet I still do.

Still, I have new material I'd like to film, and that will be either for download or streaming. I need new kit as all my stuff is SD and it needs to be HD, which in turn means new editing software which in turn means a new computer. It doesn't all work on an 11yo Windows XP machine! So I'm hoping to get enough people to chip in to fund it (with Kickstarter or another, similar, platform - I can do a decent job with 3.5K), and then to pay me a modest regular contribution as a "salary" for as long as I can continue to do the job. There is a thread in the General Chat forum about Patreon, which is just such a platform.

Last time I funded it all myself. But I had plenty of disposable income in those days. Life is very different now and I need to be a bit more hard-nosed. If others will fund it, I'll do the work. If there is not enough support, it simply won't happen.

But I very much hope that it does.

Although you do not have a DVD player any more, do you not have access to one? I have no objection whatsoever to my customers ripping the discs for their own personal use, provided, of course, that they respect my Intellectual Property Rights.

Hi Steve

Is it strictly necessary to film in HD? My thoughts are that it wouldn't make a lot of difference to the average woodworker as long as its decent and from what I've seen of your clips there's nothing wrong with the quality.

Bob

Paddy Roxburgh":32b7hrnm said:
Steve, I was going to send you this as a PM but it seems to fit into this thread. Do you sell, and if not have you considered selling, a download version of your CDs? I don't have DVD player and can't see myself ever having one. I am particularly interested in your bandsaw trilogy.
Paddy
Do you have a pc or laptop? If so, play the dvd's on that.
If not, you can get a dvd player for £15 from asda.

Latest posts

Back