Steve Maskery DVD's

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Graham Orm":3moxz87d said:
And don't be shy about asking on here, lots of nice guys here that will be happy to help. ;-)

Absolutely correct, it's a great community.

Good luck for a quick and painless recovery Steve.

First off, "Get well soon" Steve.

2nd, welcome to the Forum Andybos0. Based on my own experience here, do NOT worry at all about asking "silly" questions here - e.g. don't ask me who posted here soon after joining, wondering why my new SCMS was burning the wood (really burning mind, filling the cellar with smoke) and was gently told to check if I'd installed the blade wrong way round. Yup, I had, and nobody laughed.

3rd, I bought some of Steve's DVDs, specifically about the bandsaw as I'd just got one and had never ever used one before. Those 3 (I think it was) DVDs were one of the best 20-odd quids I ever spent and I now approach the tool with both respect and confidence - and Yes, I still refer to them now and then, and learn something new every time.

In short mate, my experience here is to ask whatever you like (provided you're polite), and Yes, buy Steve's DVDs (he may have a funny "oop Norf" accent but as someone said, at least he's a Brit and even I, as an ex-"Suvvener" can understand him).

:D

AES

Steve, sorry to hear you're not well mate. Hope you're back on your feet soon.

Welcome Andy, I've got the DVDs and they're great.

Steve Maskery":213xvjq2 said:
Back home - hurrah!
It only hurts when I laugh. And pee. Think molten lava.

Glad to hear you are home Steve. But if it's all the same to you I'll try and put the mental image of you peeing molten lava in a box in my mind that will stay locked forever :lol: .

Terry.

Wizard9999":175571qv said:
Steve Maskery":175571qv said:
Back home - hurrah!
It only hurts when I laugh. And pee. Think molten lava.

Glad to hear you are home Steve. But if it's all the same to you I'll try and put the mental image of you peeing molten lava in a box in my mind that will stay locked forever :lol: .

Terry.

I dunno, it'd make a very commercial video!

I inherited a lot of woodworking machines from my grandad and after years of the languishing in a container I bought a house with a workshop and moved them all home. Unfortunately years of neglect meant that they all had "issues". I bought the full set of workshop essentials and now have a tablesaw that doesn't burn it's way through wood and a bandsaw that cuts a straight line for the first time I can remember. The jigs are all very useful - I'm looking forward to getting stuck into making some but I've also found it has made me look at things in a different way - instead of rushing in I stop and think about how I can do it more accurately (and safely!)

Well chaps after all of the posts on here I have decided that I will be purchasing the dvds but only the ones for the table saw and the jigs as I do not own a decent bandsaw so these will be irrelevant to me at this time, when I do eventually get a bandsaw then I can look at getting the others later on.

Chaps you have being fantastic with all of the comments and I cannot thank you all enough for the advice in this matter.

Andy

Andy
I shall look forward to your order.
But can I suggest something. I know I would say this wouldn't I, but you should buy the whole set, even though you do not yet have a BS. The difference in price is 119.99 vs 103.97 so that doesn't really change the world for either of us. But when you do decide to buy a BS you will have a better idea of what to look for. It's better to buy once and be satisfied than buy something and then have to upgrade. Most of s (including me) do the later but it doesn't have to be that way.
Of course, if you think you may never need a BS then the TS and Jigs are all you need.
S

Steve Maskery":eqym7bmg said:
Andy
I shall look forward to your order.
But can I suggest something. I know I would say this wouldn't I, but you should buy the whole set, even though you do not yet have a BS. The difference in price is 119.99 vs 103.97 so that doesn't really change the world for either of us. But when you do decide to buy a BS you will have a better idea of what to look for. It's better to buy once and be satisfied than buy something and then have to upgrade. Most of s (including me) do the later but it doesn't have to be that way.
Of course, if you think you may never need a BS then the TS and Jigs are all you need.
S

thanks for the advice Steve

Will place the order at the end of the month when I get paid as the bank balance is looking a bit sad after Christmas and me shelling out on a few workshop tools.

Regards

Andy

Latest posts

Back