Steve in the shed

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

richburrow

Established Member
Reaction score
Before you start to worry it wasn't WILD MAN Steve B.
My mate steve who has not joined the forum yet, hopfully soon.
I have been gently pushing him down the slope for a while now, he is now ready for a full on shove!!! We talked about sheds and a second hand lathe I have heard about today :wink:

Anyway he spun out these and we had a great time

Image0023.jpg

Image0024.jpg

Image0025.jpg

Image0026.jpg

Image0027.jpg

Image0029.jpg

Image0031.jpg

Image0034.jpg

Image0033.jpg

Good time had by all :D :D

looks brilliant rich, he's going to be hard to stop now he has the bug. :lol:

lots of great times in your shed mate, especially under your guidance, well done.

ps WILD MAN, i'm not a WILD MAN I TELL YA... :lol:

Easy there wild man!

Glad you've turned a convert there Rich! Looks very promising indeed, lovely work!

:D Thanks Rich for this !

I have indeed got the bug and joined the forum (at last!).Well the bug has been dormant for many years it just took your influence to awaken it.

It was great fun making these and several others I have competed under your excellent :evil: tutorage :twisted: over the past few months !

I am a convert and looking for the opportunity to have my own set up to give me the capability to escape the race for a few hours and totally unwind. :D :lol: :p

Wish you could get this on the NHS for stress, it is far better for you than popping pills ! I suppose the odd beer or two whilst pondering on the outcome of your efforts could also have a positive effect !

Rich,

Still waiting to hear back from you on the second hand lathe availability, type etc…..

Thanks again,

Steve McI":25h3zbjc said:
totally unwind.

Not the chuck, at speed, we hope though :lol:

Welcome Steve. Hope to see more of your work in the future.

Welcome to the forum Steve McI, just watch Rich though, his enthusiasm is prone to help you down the slope so fast you have difficulty stopping for breath. :twisted:

Steve,

you'd better be careful with those sessions with Rich. Last time I left his workshop I got home at 2am (and I was only 20 minutes from home). Swmbo was shocked as I haven't been out that late for years.

Good to see the Graduate at work Rich. Will post some pics of mine this weekend.

Dave

Good to see you online Steve!!!
You will have a great time here, a very enjoyable and friendly corner of the internet :D

hahahahaha Dave
Late nights / shavings / Beer
Fantastic
To be repeated soon

Steve in action

Image0032.jpg

I know the cable looks close to the chuck but it is not, I need to sort some decent lighting. I have got an old angle poise without the base, need to attach some sort of heavy duty clip or clamp. Will do soon :wink:

Welcome Steve. Good turnings from interesting timber.

I'd prefer to see a full face visor in use here if at all possible. Your eyes may be protected but but your nose and the rest of the face isn't. They can be bought quite cheaply at Axminster and other places.

Duncan

Thanks ALL for your welcomes to this forum ! It certainly does seem a friendly corner of the WEB ! :wink:

Duncan,

Rich did offer me a full faced ventilated visor, but to be honest I was so focussed on the fun I was having and the lovely smells from the wood I preferred the glasses !

See your point though and if/when I get a set up I will invest in a visor just like Rich. You certainly know the next time you blow your nose what you were doing for the past few hours after wearing glasses!!! but I suppose it is one way of holding on to that just cut wood smell !!!!

Rich,

Pleased to see you caught my good side in this picture :lol: but I am sure the bowl was much bigger than it looks here !!!! :lol: well it was in my memory !

Thanks for a great time, let's do it again soon !!! :eek:ccasion5:

Steve, you look far too big for that bowl. I want to see a 16" platter next... :lol:

Steve McI":2joh373v said:
...... You certainly know the next time you blow your nose what you were doing for the past few hours after wearing glasses!!! but I suppose it is one way of holding on to that just cut wood smell !!!!

Steve, would not like for one minute to dampen your enthusiasm for turning, why shouldn't you become as obsessive about it as the rest of us, but please read the sticky about safety regarding the wood dust at the top of this forum list.

Thanks for the safety tips, will take seriously !

Wizer

It was an 18" blank when I started, must have got carried away with the gouge !!!

Next time Rich we will need a bigger blank and maybe a bigger lathe/workshop ....!!!!!

Thanks

Back