Startrite 301 Bandsaw

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lucky9cat

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks

I've seen one of the above on ebay and wondered where I could get a full spec of the machine. The fact that it's local got me thinking.

I've currently got a Electra Beckam 316G about 3 years old but I've never been really happy with it despite changing blades. Is this likely to be a step backwards? I know it all depends on how the Startrite has been treated so it's a bit of a stupid question :?

Thanks in advance for any help. Cheers, Ted

Hi,
Startrite 301 is light years better than your EB. Startrite provide industrial strength bandsaws which will last for a long time. Its also hard to abuse them to the point where they develop weaknesses.

Usually they have "block" type blade guides which can be a bit tricky to set up but patientce will provide a good set up which will hold for many uses.

Buy and enjoy.

Hi Beech

Thanks for replying. The price has started to run away now (as it always does on ebay!) so I'll probably give this one a miss and perhaps await another.

Cheers, Ted

Hi,
I bought mine from ebay. It cost me £425 for a 7 yr old Startrite 352 in very good nick. Thats maybe a few pounds cheaper than one from a dealer in second hand tools but I thought not too bad for a good bandsaw which cost better than £1100 when new.

Check on the age of the machine spares are expensive for the early 301's especially new blade guides nearly £50.00 per set and on some early models you had different sets for different sized blades. I dont rate the fence on the old 301's but retrofitting a Kreg precision fence is worth it.

Back