Starting a Woodwork club - South Wales

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A charity woodworking meet will be held on Saturday 26th September just outside Carmarthen at my workshop.

If you are interested in attending then please state below and I will contact you.

I'll start saving my offcuts, so you all need to start saving your pocket money. Materials may include MR MDF, MFC various colours, Ply etc.

We will be giving the money raised from the day to Cancer Research UK.

If this is a bad day for too many people then we may have to re-arrange.

Looking forward to hearing from people

Nathan

pipper. The Screwfix show is on that day. Hmm, will have to decide but perhaps meeting up with some of you guys would be more interesting and good for a bit of charity. Would you be happy for me to possibly bring off-cuts of my own to add to the pile?

Had our baby Tuesday. 9lbs13oz so not as big as they thought, but still up there with some bigguns.

MrYorke":2fn6mn8z said:
pipper. The Screwfix show is on that day. Hmm, will have to decide but perhaps meeting up with some of you guys would be more interesting and good for a bit of charity. Would you be happy for me to possibly bring off-cuts of my own to add to the pile?

Had our baby Tuesday. 9lbs13oz so not as big as they thought, but still up there with some bigguns.

Congratulations on the baby Mr & Mrs Yorke, we were predicted to have a giant but she came out at 7lbs!

Extra offcuts welcome for the charity.

Good evening,
I also would like to join you on the 26th. Sorry no babies, even the grandchildren are growing up.
Russell.

Nathan - Might be worth making a separate thread for your open day, it's a bit buried (and initially not 100% obvious what you were planning) so I'd go for a new thread which may get a bit more attention.

I've nothing planned for the 26th, so I'll see if I can make it.

morfa":1e9dc79n said:
Nathan - Might be worth making a separate thread for your open day, it's a bit buried (and initially not 100% obvious what you were planning) so I'd go for a new thread which may get a bit more attention.

I've nothing planned for the 26th, so I'll see if I can make it.

Good idea Mr Morfa, I shall get right on it.

Nathan

I know this thread stretches back a fair bit now but for anyone still looking for a woodworking club in South East Wales, there is the Cardiff and district Woodcraft Club.

This is my first post so I can't post links but you can find the web site with a quick search - It's not a great site but it is a decent club. It meets on Monday and Thursday evenings using a reasonably well equipped workshop which is available for use by all members.

There's a good amount of experience between all the members who are happy to help others learn. Turning is a primary interest to many with 2 big lathes and a couple of small ones but but tools for most situations available (Bandsaws, planer thicknesser, table saw, pillar drill, morticer, router table).

Nice relaxed atmosphere complete with a tea & biscuit break for the Monday meeting! Some of the older boys just come out for a natter and a nose at what everyone else is doing and for a cup of tea!

It's located in the industrial estate off Maes Y Coed road behind the Tesco express in the 'Vision 21' unit.

Come along on a Monday for your first time to get a sense of the place - there are a few more of us younger members appearing with a more general interest in woodworking and cabinetmaking.

Official times are 1900-2100 but workshop usually opens up around 1830.

In addition, there are advanced plans afoot by some of the club to open up a decently-sized Menshed, which could potentially provide a new home for the club if the membership opted to move.

Back