Stanley saw set

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

baldpate

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi there,

I've been watching this auction on ebay, now closed, for a Stanley 'pistol grip' saw set:
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/261109282...lrY=&rt=nc&_trksid=p4340.l2557&orig_cvip=true

I was quite surprised at how much it went for, but googling around I see they do regularly fetch quite high prices.

Is this just the price collectors will pay for scarcity? Or is this design particularly good functionally (if so, seems strange nobody has copied it)?

Hi,

Its a recommended one 42X unless I am wrong.

I have one my self, along with a few others! its not to bad I usually use a Record/Somax one.

Pete

That is a "regular" 42 and not a 42x. They are ok sets, but the 42x is superior for over 10 ppi teeth. On this side of the pond, a 42 is a US$20 item, while 42x will be $45, roughly equal to that auction. I find 42s in the "wild" regularly, and don't generally buy them, but if they are in demand in the UK, well perhaps I should accumulate some and ship them over..... :) ........

Back