Stanley 750

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Alan

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All

Quick question for the old tool buffs, (as in old tool not the old buff :)) .Stanley 750's are sometimes marked as "Stanley USA" and sometimes "Stanley 750 USA" Does this indicate perhaps where made or an era, or is it a random lottery?

Cheers Alan

Alan,

As far as I can gather nobody seems to know - there are occasional "discussions" about it and not even the Stanley tool experts seem to be able to decide. Funnily enough I picked up an unnumbered 720 recently (at least I think that's what it is but it, erm, isn't numbered...) so I was looking into this myself.

Cheers, Alf

Thanks Alf

That's what I wanted to hear. No doubt some collectors set greater store by the 750 being present, but not being a collector it is of no importance other than did it mean some were made of lead and some quality tool steel :)

Cheers Alan

Woody Alan":1to2mp9g said:
Thanks Alf

That's what I wanted to hear. No doubt some collectors set greater store by the 750 being present, but not being a collector it is of no importance other than did it mean some were made of lead and some quality tool steel :)

Cheers Alan
Hi Alan,

To further what has been said, it appears that un-numbered Stanley chisels fetch a lower price. And there is no common consensus as to whether they are truly the same as the numbered variety. I personally find no difference in the steel between ones of similar eras and so look at the un-numbered as a better value--at least until there is a meeting of the minds on the issue.

Take care, Mike

Latest posts

Back