Stand or Sit?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stand or Sit?

• Mostly Stand

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Mostly Sit

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WoodAddict

Established Member
Reaction score
I'll apologise for my constant questions just recently but we've just found our new house and there's a nice garage with it so my mind is spinning at the moment with hundreds of ideas. We'll be moving over the Easter weekend so until then I'm trying to plan as much as possible so I can get myself set up.

I'll be having a separate workbench dedicated to the scroll saw. I'll be doing a few portraits amongst other stuff so I'll be on the saw for long periods of time. Do you guys stand or sit whilst doing this sort of thing? I'm just thinking about the height and size of the bench that's required.

Thanks
Paul

My Diamond has a built in chair but I've removed it, have my machine fastened to a bench, and now stand to work. I find standing more comfortable after a back injury. I tend to work in short bursts if possible. I would ask yourself which is the most comfortable position for you over a prolonged session. Or...experiment! :wink:

The higher the bench, the easier I find it is to see detail in patterns...dust can become a problem though.

I stand as i like to move arround as i turn the piece - also a chair would be just another bit of clutter to get in the way in the 'shop

I always sit , i think you need to be relaxed and comfi. :D
i also , like Steve , have a foot switch , cant see how you could work without one, :shock: it's sooooo much easier .
------------Frank----------

Back