Stairs refurb part 2

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Woody Alan

Established Member
Reaction score
So this is the finished result
20230606_165545 (Large).jpg

20230606_165551 (Large).jpg

20230606_165825 (Large).jpg

20230606_165832 (Large).jpg

20230606_165842 (Large).jpg

Thanks Bingy yes I am pleased, stressful though as I always think I'm not good enough to get the result I want. I don't think I could do this work for others though I'd never make any money, so I content myself with having saved some. I remeber my dad building a house and getting a carpenter in to do the stairs and when he finished he had to dismatle the and start again because he couldn't live with the misalignments, which is where I get it from possibly :D

Looks beautiful, well done. I’m not waiting for part 3 when you make the continuous handrail for the wall side.😂😂

Yes there is small story to that, a few years back before the main stair replacement was on the cards I was due for hip replacement at 58 so needed extra support hence fitting that rail, now it's come back to haunt me I know it doesn't quite gel and considered removing it but not getting any younger so... may tackle it when I retire completely but have a workshop build in progress occupying me. At least it's in oak.

Thanks Bingy yes I am pleased, stressful though as I always think I'm not good enough to get the result I want. I don't think I could do this work for others though I'd never make any money, so I content myself with having saved some. I remeber my dad building a house and getting a carpenter in to do the stairs and when he finished he had to dismatle the and start again because he couldn't live with the misalignments, which is where I get it from possibly :D
Well you have done a grand job -I’m similar in that I’m not a professional but can achieve professional results but it takes a lot of time - having said that there are many people that will pay extra for the personal touch rather than the big company rates but end up with a rushed job that doesn’t always look like a professional has actually done the work. So I say again-awesome work 👍👍👍

Back