Dog Proof Clear Finish on Mahogany

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

John on the Wirral

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi, One of my neighbours has asked me for advice on open hardwood stair treads. The existing finish is getting badley scratched by the dog. I have advised her to go for a two-pack as I feel it will be harder but think it only comes in gloss finish and she would like semi-gloss. Have I advised her correctly on the two-pack and any of you recoomend a product that gets good results and,if possible, comes in semi-gloss finish. Cheers John on the Wirral

Rustins Plastic Coating.

Mind you, if you don't have your doors and windows wide open, the dog scratching the woodwork might be the last thing they ever worry about...

I did a spiral wooden stairs once with an acid catalized lacquer - Sadolins PV67. I had to evacuate the house for a few days due to the pungent odour. The plastic looking finish is not that attractive and not bulletproof either. I think you are just as well off giving it a few coats of a good polyurethane.

I did a spiral wooden stairs once with an acid catalized lacquer - Sadolins PV67. I had to evacuate the house for a few days due to the pungent odour. The plastic looking finish is not that attractive and not bulletproof either. I think you are just as well off giving it a few coats of a good polyurethane.
Polyurethane varnish+1

Back