Stainless pocket hole screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nick W

Established Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know where (if) I can get stainless steel pocket hole screws? I'm building some bathroom units in Oak, and they have to be dis-assembleable to get them up the stairs. I don't want to use plain steel screws for obvious reasons.

TIA

Don't know of any Stainless ones but Kreg do coated weather resistant screws which may give a barrier between the steel & oak. Should be able to order them from your local Brimarc Stockist.

Jason

Jason,

I know about them, but feel a little uneasy about trusting them - coatings are too easily broken through in my experience. My fall-back position is to replace the pocket screws with stainless Spaxs (Spaxes sp?) but I'd rather have something with a flat head if possible.

Keith,

I've done a mock up using beech, and the screws didn't pull through - your wrist action must be too strong, or is it just that I'm limp wristed? :lol:

Dom,

Good idea, though sourcing washers of the right size might be as hard as finding the screws. :roll:

Nick because of the expense of proper pocket hole screws, £85 for 5000, I just buy pan head screws from hafele zinc plated, they seem to do the trick ok.

A supplementary question: Does anyone have any experience of using stainelss steel handles on an Oak unit (finished with PolyX over Osmo's Wood Protector) in a bathroom? Specifically Hafele's 100.46.001.

I have used thes on Oak Nick, just get the handle bolts, M6 .
My Oak was finished in a lacquer but as it's all Stainless steel there shouldn't be a problem.

Dom

Back