Squirrels. Love ‘em or hate ‘em?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
For us, it is water and energy that we'll be exporting, and I guess we may charge for running DVLA and so n as well but we'll see
I think the matter of Crown Property might play a part in who owns the water and the DVLA would just be relocated to England along with everything else....
Oh yes.....and the Crown will probably get dibs on all your red squirrels.....

Google with Question...

"Who introduced grey squirrels to UK?

images

Herbrand Russell, 11th Duke of Bedford

Herbrand Russell, 11th Duke of Bedford introduced grey squirrels into the park at Woburn Abbey in the 1880s. He is credited with introducing the large population into Regents Park in London and Richmond Park in Surrey."

Google with Question...

"Who introduced grey squirrels to UK?

images

Herbrand Russell, 11th Duke of Bedford

Herbrand Russell, 11th Duke of Bedford introduced grey squirrels into the park at Woburn Abbey in the 1880s. He is credited with introducing the large population into Regents Park in London and Richmond Park in Surrey."
Being an early 19th century Duke, the reason was probably for something for him to blast into smithereens with his shotgun :LOL:

I believe random shooting of the poor had been abolished by that point.

Well Paul I try not to get too paranoid but sometimes you read something makes you think about things that youve prev just accepted,,like the beaming out messages into deep space, as an example, say the people picking up the messages were like the Chinese in their mindset, how comfortable would we be about inviting them to come and visit? Maybe it would be fine,,,but maybe not,,,a bit of a gamble I think.
Steve.

I saw a squirrel eat a rotten pumpkin used for Halloween decor on a porch. Fermented was more like it. Poor squirrel was drunk. He tried several times to climb a tree but kept falling over backwards. I had to laugh.

I used to have a pet Albert grey squirrel. Raised from baby with closed eyes. The ex bimbo had a freak a zoid attack when my squirrel went hay wire in the living room. Normally he would sit on my shoulder and eat peanuts and walnuts while watching TV. Even my dog got along with him which was unusual. My squirrel just didn’t like her. My dog hated her to for that matter. Should have listened to these two.

I think the matter of Crown Property might play a part in who owns the water and the DVLA would just be relocated to England along with everything else....
Oh yes.....and the Crown will probably get dibs on all your red squirrels.....
Hands off our reds! lol.
Water is now privatised and in Wales is 99% is supplied and managed by a not for profit org owned by us, (Dwr Cymru). However, we don't own the rain, but we'll keep going to capel to ask for ;the Almighty's help with that. He/she's definitely been generous thus far!!. Relocating DVLA is not straight forward at all and most of the skills (I know I know lol) required to operate it will still be in Wales. Have go by all means, but the UK gov't. don't have a good record with introducing new IT systems on a grand scale. The dis-United Kingdom is spent institution and of its time, just like the empire. A shame? Perhaps, perhaps not, but all great powers come and go and sometimes morph. EG. Roman, Greek, Ottoman and so on, nothing is permanent and that's fine and as it should be. Many over the border resent what they see as money pouring into Wales, Scotland and NI and get miffed with the Barnett formula, so just let;s just part as friends and continued allies. We get the govt's we vote for and so do you. All good! We'll even give you some red squirrel sperm to supercharge the English red squirrel return. (There, back to squirrels,,,, just).

“We'll even give you some red squirrel sperm to supercharge the English red squirrel return” well theres an intresting job for someone,,,
Steve.

Latest posts

Back