Spring Open House event @ The Tool Post

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Chrisnw

Established Member
Reaction score
Evening,

Just wondering if anyone went to the Spring Open House event at the Tool Post today?

I've been toying with picking up a pen mandrel for a liitle while to maybe make a Father's day present and perhaps this event just the excuse I need to go and visit.

Cheers

Chris

No, unfortunately not Chris.

Despite being a fairly regular customer and them having my email details, I never hear of the events and was unaware it was on !

I've said that to Peter before, seems pretty poor marketing considering I get lots of emails from other businesses such as Axi, Rutlands, Workshop Heaven, etc

I don't tend to take many of the mags these days so don't know if they rely on ad's in those, but surely an emailing campaign for special offers and events is basic marketing these days ?

Cheers, Paul

It's usually worth going, but sadly I'm not as I was coming home from holiday yesterday and have other stuff to do today.
As for advertising, well he does keep his website updated and the events are quite regular (June and November). The Toolpost is essentially Peter and he doesn't have the big marketing teams that Axminster and Rutlands have. I find the lack of spam quite refreshing in this day and age. :)

Many thanks for the comments. I did pop over to visit this morning. It was fascinating to watch the demonstrations and nice to see that i am at least doing some things right.

Also got chatting to the nice chap from Camvac. Dust extraction is definately on my list of things to improve o and for removal at source these look pretty good. Much quieter than i was expecting too.

Oh and I have a pen mandrel to play with now too...

Chris

Having seen it on here I did pop down is afternoon.

Not that busy but had a mooch around. Like Paulm I hadn't realised it was on. It would have been nice to be more aware and could have met some of the folks from here.

I did get to have a chat with most of the demonstrators.

I did invest in a ...... Secret weapon for a forthcoming competition entry. I have time to totally bu**er it up and need to go back to plan A

Why is it that super wizzo in someone elses hands works and looks oh so simple and yet as soon as back at base ... Not quite the same.

Back