Spot the Difference

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
They look suspiciously similar to the bessey copies Axminstr were selling last year which were withdrawn after (because??) they were found to be rubbish.

These come with a lifetime guarantee I notice. Maybe that makes them worth a punt? They're pretty cheap if you buy them 4 at a time after all.

I have four of those. I find them fine. From a hobby point of view they are value for money IMO.

If I earned my living at this then I may be more inclined to buy better.

For the money I have no complaints. Mine pull up square and the bars are straight.

Mick

Hi

Do a search on ebay for Lie-Nielsen tools and this guy is selling a load of those clamps very cheap,just look under his other items for sale once you find his Lie-Nielsen tools, some with cocobolo handles.
He has sold loads of Lie-Nielsen tools all brand new, still has some for sale, he has at least 20 clamps for sale and all look pretty new.

Mooeee

These where the clamps where the 'supposed' director of Rutlands joined to say that these clamps where made in the same factory as the Besseys. I'm not calling him a liar, but that doesn't exactly mean they will be the same quality as Besseys. That said, a few members have them and are happy with them. Jury's still out for me.

I have four of the large size and have used them on many occasions, seem fine IMHO. I do have one of the Bessey uni clamp and it is rubbish it has seperated from the plastic jaw inside. Maybe I should have bought one of the K clamps.?? :?

cheers guys, i dont think ill risk it, call me a wimp, but im picky over tools, and 60 quid still seems like a lot for a punt.

russell PM sent

Luke

Back