Sparks No70 at work

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

condeesteso

Established Member
Reaction score
Just needed to share this. An oak top with the inevitable reversals therein, plus the solid block endgrain motif in the centre. Had the No 70 set for a fair cut too, a decent bite. That plane is really very good =D>

70-1.jpg

Attachments

• 70-1.jpg
    70-1.jpg
    66.3 KB · Views: 1,123
Thanks for the photo Douglas. Ollie really does seem to get the balance right with the tools he makes.

Lovely!

I hope that plane is coming for a day out at Richard's next Sunday!

That's a really nicely designed (and executed!) top. The end grain and the long grain show each other off nicely. I was trained to take account of the end grain patterns when wedging through tenons, looks like you've applied a similar logic and the results are very smart.

Cheers Douglas, Cheers chaps!

I don't always get to see my work in its natural habitat, so this is great!

I was just telling Douglas on FB how nicely his end grain orientation works, glad to see others spotted it too - its all about little details like this.

Talking of Richards charity do, make sure you bring along plenty of pennies along... there will be something stamped OS,M. up for grabs and its all for a good cause (which will really make the difference when your justifying to the wife/husband/other) ..... ;)

Cheers
Ol.

Thanks all. I have realised before that we all notice the details, the extra effort etc, FAR more than clients normally do. Demanding we may be, but at least we take note and care... (moan over).

That is a lovely top and the endgrain pattern matching how it came out of the tree is excellent. That's also a lovely plane - I hope Ollie doesn't bring out his offering too early :) give us chaps who won't get there until a couple of hours after opening a chance. Maybe an impromptu auction early afternoon?

Latest posts

Back