Sore Hoarses MkII - Now with added plans!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've been asked for these by quite a few people, so here they are...

SheetCuttingTable-Assembly.jpg

SheetCuttingTable-Parts.jpg

SheetCuttingTable-Template.jpg

Aidan

Damn it now I know Im gonna end up making another cutting table now :lol: :lol: :lol:

I wonder what they would be like made out of that Phenolic coated plywood the stuff they use for trailer floors, I used some recently for a job and I think it was only about £50 for an 8 x 4

These are great!

As Aidan has so generously given these away, as a group buy was suggested, perhaps people could put a small donation in a charity box? / or make a donation to a charity chosen by Aidan?

Daniel

Hi Aiden
What an excellent design! Thank you very much. My own cutting table has finally given up the ghost. I have bought the timber to replace it, but I might do this instead now.

For those of us without A3 printing available, can you tell us the dimensions of the slots in the routing template, please?

CHeers
Steve

Steve Maskery":2ig7mit6 said:
For those of us without A3 printing available, can you tell us the dimensions of the slots in the routing template, please?

CHeers
Steve

Come on Steve I thought you were MR JIG surely you can work it out :lol:

Aiden used a 30mm guide bush and 12.7 or 1/2" cutter so its the same as used for a kitchen jig the offset is 8.5mm so if you used 18mm ply for table then you need 18mm + 17mm giving you a 35mm wide slot (you may want to make that 36mm or 37mm for a bit of play. Then for the slot length on the straight slots it must be half of 200mm + 8.5mm = 108.5mm. The angled leg slots need some working out but as long as you add the 8.5mm to whatever length you want them to be then you're ok.

Chris

Aiden how much play did you allow on your slots as its 18mm ply did you allow a bit more than 18 say 19 or 20 ???

Hi,

thank you very much for taking the time and trouble to produce such clear
plans/drawings. I'm looking forward to having a go at making this.

Graham

chippy1970":2l7d6oxn said:
Aiden how much play did you allow on your slots as its 18mm ply did you allow a bit more than 18 say 19 or 20 ???

The slots are 20mm wide which with the corners eased seems to make a pleasing fit.

The plans are drawn on SoldWorks, but any CAD package could do it including plenty of free ones, it's not rocket science.

The plans should print out on two A4 sheets, maybe with an attempt or two. If there's anyone there with a conc or laser maybe they could make a few and distribute? You only need the template for a couple of hours to make it or less than ten minutes with a bearing guided cutter to make an exact copy...

Now there's a thought :idea:

I could make a master part from plastic or similar, send it to someone who copies their own version into mdf then send the master onto the next person, and so on. Now I know what I'm doing this week :roll:

Incidentally, I've been contacted by people in the USA, Canada and Australia over the last few days asking for the plans too, through Festool forums apparently, I took the opportunity to spread the word of Mafell :lol:

Please donate to my chosen charity, "The English Middle Classes" this exploited majority have suffered terribly over the last 100 years and
sometimes struggle to make ends meet, especially when even those on a engineer's salary are referred to by the nasty tax man as "high earners". You can see them sometimes on street corners asking for a few pence for a cup of bone-dry capuchino with cinnamon sprinkles, or a simple loaf of bread (preferably olive and rosemary focaccia with Maldon sea salt). Without them the very basis of civilization is at risk and before long the apostrophe will be used indiscriminately for plural nouns, "myself" and "I" will be interbred to such a degree that they will be unaware of their rich and diverse heritage. The worst fate will be that of the semicolon, for it is feared that it may already be too late for it to avoid extinction. So my friends, please give generously...

Aidan

If you have been affected by any of the issues in this post or think you too may be middle class take our simple test...

"there are 10 types of people, those that understand binary and those that don't"

If you find that amusing you may be middle class, or a geek.

Aidan, may I assume from your silence on my comment that you'd rather I didn't share my SketchUp model? It's no problem and I have removed the image.

Dave R":1ftnznk1 said:
Aidan, may I assume from your silence on my comment that you'd rather I didn't share my SketchUp model? It's no problem and I have removed the image.

Opps, sorry mate, go ahead, knock yourself out, I published it on a public forum so who am I to object if someone wants to take the idea further!

Aidan

TheTiddles":36aaql26 said:
chippy1970":36aaql26 said:

Incidentally, I've been contacted by people in the USA, Canada and Australia over the last few days asking for the plans too, through Festool forums apparently, I took the opportunity to spread the word of Mafell :lol:

Aidan

Sorry mate you can blame me for that I posted a link to your post here on the Festool Owners Group as I thought they would be interested :lol:

Dave R":4gnzfnck said:
Thanks Aidan.

No one has expressed any interest to me anyway so it may be moot.

Keep up the good work.

Dave

Sorry I am not here all the time. I would like the .skp file to play with if you want to share it.

FWIW the only piece I have made from a Sketchup model is at http://meekings.selfip.com/nui/Groups-of-photos/Wood_work_etc/Pages/Router_table.html

And I need to amend the CC license. For the SKP file it needs to be "CC Attribution-NonCommercial 3.0" http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-nc/3.0/

I have an A0 printer so can easily print A3. If anyone wants an 1:1 scale print of the template, drop me a PM and I can print and send to you. I'd be interested in the SketchUp plans if they are available...?

Cheers,
Sam

Back