Some devil has pinched me chimney!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Escudo

Established Member
UKW Supporter
Reaction score
Hello fellas,

Not posted on the forum for a while, been very busy and have not spent a great deal of time in the workshop over the last year or so.

The secret santa gig brings me back to the forum at this time of year. I enjoy that fun event.

Still. I looked out of the bedroom window this morning and shock :shock: Half of me chimney flue was missing. You can see it in the avatar picture on the little shepherds hut I made years ago. I went to investigate and reckon it has been nicked!

The trouble is trying to work out when it was last there? I am sure it has only been missing for a few days, I would have noticed. The cowl on the top, a one metre length of twin wall flue and a 45 degree angle is gone. Probably over £100 to replace! :x

I just can't fathom who would have taken it and how. They would have needed a ladder and there is no evidence of forced entry into the garden or over the large tall gate.

It is a real mystery which I sense will never be solved.

Tony.

Nice to see you back please join in we need a few more sane contributors :lol:
I was in sherringham earlier this year and was thinking about your hut and to be honest whether you were still alive :oops:

Sorry to hear about the chimney
Any traveller camps near by?

Unfortunately probably in your nearest local scrap yard by now.
Hope you can find the same pattern match.

There have been reports of Bird Flu in your area.......maybe they flew off with ya flue? 9-)

Might be wrong but scrap value for flue? Either way it's gone the way of the Dodo to some unscrupulous B*****. Let's hope collective wish power works in real life after all and the fella wotdunnit falls down a Very Big Hole.I'm guessing that's gone to furnish a particular need. Is your hut visible from the road?
Welcome back btw. I still have your bench build in my bookmarks menu. You never know who you're helping when you post on the internet! (So Cheers anyway :oops: Was a massive help to me).
Regards
Chris.

Back