Some Bottle Stoppers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stu in Tokyo

Established Member
Reaction score
I got these kits from Craft Supplies USA, they looked neat, with the corkscrew inside the bottle stopper..........

.....but, I really, REALLY did not like the way they show these done, with the large cone shaped stopper and then the reduction in size down to the screw in part which holds the corkscrew, so I drilled a hole large enough to hide the size reducing thing, if that make sense.....

I had six on hand, so I made six

The first three are some Sakura that I got a while back from my "Logging in Tokyo" adventure, the second set of three are Keyaki, from my local Shinto shrine.

I'll still be playing with the shapes, sized, but I figured for these, with the corkscrew attachment, they needed to have a bit of size to them, so you can draw out a cork.

These are going to Canada with me as presents for friends and family, but I'll be ordering a bunch more, to make and (hopefully) sell in the liquor shop.

Fun and easy to do.

Cheers!

Novel idea Stuart, never seen them with the screw inside before. No doubt they will get across this side of the pond before long. :wink:

They should sell OK in the shop, I can shift a lot of the ordinary ones made with just the bottle cork/rubber fitting.

Those look great Stu, I agree on the beefed up stem as well, may not give any extra strength but sure looks more in keeping with the intended use.

Edit:

Any chance you could save me the search and point me to a USA stock reference, might just get some of those, as Tam says, not seen the corkscrew included here yet (or haven't looked hard enough).

OK Stu scrub that, obviously hadn't looked hard enough.

TEP":2u8gygbp said:
Novel idea Stuart, never seen them with the screw inside before. No doubt they will get across this side of the pond before long. :wink:

Tep, they have been over here for ages

Link

great looking stoppers stu, and fun to do too.

Thanks for the link Greggy, will have to take up browsing the suppliers sites again. I hadn't seen this type. :roll: Or as Chas said, haven't looked hard enough!

Back