solution to a fnishing problem needed please

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

swamp diver

Established Member
Reaction score
one of the main reasons for me getting back to using a lathe is so i can make some 1 off mouth pieces for my e cig set ups, now there is plenty made in resin which would not really cause me any problems, however i am going to be using normal/ dyed wood, resin stabilized wood and resifill wood for my tips.
now the problem i for see is this.............., these mouth pieces are used to basically suck vapour from the e-cig set up to my mouth and what i want to avoid is any residue or water within the vapour soaking into the mouth piece and ruining it.
both out side (a few CA coats should solve this one) and also the inside of the tip/ mouth piece, are at risk of adsorbing this moisture. as the inside will only be a 4 to 5 mm hole drilled down the length of the tip how can i get a decent water proof barrier/ coating in side this 4/5 mm hole and what to use?

any one any ideas that may help me with this problem?

I used tetrion wood treatment used for stabilizing old rotten wood prior to fixing on a set of old wooden frames recently where replacing sections wasn't viable and was amazed at how liquid it is - like water and soaks right in with almost nothing left sitting on the surface, but it's a resin based product that when fully dry makes the wood very water resistant if not close to waterproof.

I suspect it's very similar to the stabilizing solution used on the wood in pen blanks, so a dip in that after turning should suffice to eliminate water vapour issues - it also makes a pretty good sanding sealer too, the wood I treated was very smooth after sanding.

http://www.choiceful.com/categories...oduct+search&gclid=cjj-l9npobkcfaphtaodn3aazg

rafezetter":2c6u81ok said:
I used tetrion wood treatment used for stabilizing old rotten wood prior to fixing on a set of old wooden frames recently where replacing sections wasn't viable and was amazed at how liquid it is - like water and soaks right in with almost nothing left sitting on the surface, but it's a resin based product that when fully dry makes the wood very water resistant if not close to waterproof.

I suspect it's very similar to the stabilizing solution used on the wood in pen blanks, so a dip in that after turning should suffice to eliminate water vapour issues - it also makes a pretty good sanding sealer too, the wood I treated was very smooth after sanding.

http://www.choiceful.com/categories...oduct+search&gclid=cjj-l9npobkcfaphtaodn3aazg

thank you for that i may well give this a try.

Latest posts

Back