soft close draw slides

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gasman

Established Member
Reaction score
Good afternoon everyone - I wonder if anyone knows if there is an idiots guide to kitchen drawer slides? Failing that does anyone know enough about them to point me in the right direction?
I am making a large bedroom chest of drawers and the drawers will definitely need to be on slides. I need the drawer slides to have the following features
1. Soft close 2. full extension 3. removable 4. side mounted
I presume the removable bit will be the tricky bit - anyone any ideas?
Thanks and regards
Mark

bar removeable, I got mine from Ebay as it was the cheapest source.
I'll be getting some 700mm ones for a couple of bed drawers and also a larder style sliding thing for under the stairs

Many thanks Nev - but I don't think they are removable are they - I watched the video and they just about do everything else! but I didn't see how you could get the drawer out relatively easily unless I am being a bit slow - far from out of the question!
Regards Mark

gasman":jnc3f4jj said:
Many thanks Nev - but I don't think they are removable are they - I watched the video and they just about do everything else! but I didn't see how you could get the drawer out relatively easily unless I am being a bit slow - far from out of the question!
Regards Mark

Simple to remove, just press the orange release lever on each side (located under front corner of drawer) and lift out.

here you go :)
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fnZcGQ2K2xg

A word of advice gasman: make sure you are sitting down when you check the price!

I would give Solmer a try. I buy mine from them and they are cheap but pretty good quality. side mounted, soft close and removable by pushing two clips. They also take up to 35 kgs per pair. HTH.

M & D online are good for Blum stuff. They are the cheapest I know of for tandem drawer runners. The standard ones go up to 30kg and the heavy duty ones go up to 50kg.

Sent from my ALE-L21 using Tapatalk

Many many thanks to all of you. Wow those Blum ones certainly are pricey - and I need 8 pairs! I will look at them all but it was invaluable having your collective inputs
Regards
Mark

Hi Gasman

Try Isaac Lord in High Wycombe. They're a pleasure to deal with and price their blum stuff pretty well. They also give bulk discounts.

Latest posts

Back