Soccer Patterns

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gill

Established Member
Reaction score
I've been fiddling with my new graphics tablet and clicking on the thumbnail below should take you to a couple of patterns for soccer fans. Fingers crossed!

I haven't cut it yet myself so I'm making no promises with regard to quality. If anyone does cut it, please let me know how you get on.

thanks for sharing Gill :D , my cut list is full at min...... and sure it will be until crimbo now but i'm sure they'll come in at some point :) very nice!

well i never did, i am looking for a football theme to add to a couple of lads names, do you have any others gill?? :lol:

I'm just learning! Let me know what you're after and I'll try to design something appropriate. PM me if you like.

It's difficult to do some names (such as team names) because you lose the tails of some letters which 'hang below the line'. Chelsea, Man Utd and Arsenal are all straight forward, but Liverpool loses the bottom of its 'p'. I'm working on that and I think I've got it sussed - click on the thumbnail to see.

Could you make the line underneath thinner so that the tail drops below it? Ignore if that is a stoopid suggestion

Pete

Steve - the problem with using all capital letters is that they look so harsh. It's a bit like reading a message that's been typed in upper case.

Pete - the idea of these patterns is that you can cut them out of solid wood and the block that they are mounted on acts as a plinth. Fans can then stand them on a shelf with all their other footie memorabilia. I think the only way around it is to cut into the block as I have done with the Liverpool example, but I'll have to make sure the block is thick enough to be able to withstand the weakening effect of any cuts.

Those pattern look good, could you raise each letter on its own block square or shaped, this might get over the problem and still allow the base to be used as you intended

Latest posts

Back