Snap on prybar SPBS24

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tommyhayes

Reaction score
Just a quick question about my pry bar, Was replacing a track rod-end yesterday and my pry bar was 'flexing' as if it wanted to give way and snap :? , I just want to know if anyone out there has one and has ever came across the same thing when putting quite abit of pressure on it????? (homer)

welcome along

your pictures are not coming up for me, but i thought snap on replaced broken tools?? :duno:

adidat

I have the same prybar and it does flex a little but only under extreme pressure. What were you doing to make the bar flex so much?

You need a ball-joint splitter to separate a TRE from the arm, you won't do it with a prybar without damaging something.

Pry/lever/crowbars do tend to have a little flex in them when using excessive loading - realisticly if its flexing that much then you need to use something a little thicker - if you over do it and your lucky then you will just bend it (or possably break the tip off), if your not then they can snap with nasty results.

I sometimes use crowbars/levers at work - from 6" long to 5' long, and have at one point or another had each one bending :D

When I had a series 3 landrover, changing the steering joints/track rod ends was a fairly common job. I learned a great trick from a LR mechanic - give the part housing the tapered shaft a sharp smack with a medium-weight ball-pein hammer and 9 times out of 10 they come out really easily. Failing that try gently heating the outer housing part. I would not use a prybar on steering joints.
Good luck.
Mark

Back