Small Christmas gift ideas, what did you make?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

david123

Established Member
Reaction score
Always a challenge to think of inexpensive gifts to make for Christmas.
Coming from a family of bookworms I decided to make and hang a few of these on the Christmas tree this year.

No prizes for guessing the type of wood used, I did however have a few B/A Walnut dowls left over from a previous project which were incorporated.

What did you make?

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    197.8 KB · Views: 299
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    187.9 KB · Views: 299
Made this on scroll-saw for neighbour's grand-child
0.75 inch thick ply

OQe8zA6h.jpg

Seeing as my brother works in IT, I thought I would give him something natural and wooden to earth him, a plank basically.

WP_20151220_005.jpg

WP_20151220_006.jpg

WP_20151220_004.jpg

Attachments

• WP_20151220_004.jpg
    WP_20151220_004.jpg
    185.5 KB · Views: 218
  • WP_20151220_005.jpg
    WP_20151220_005.jpg
    193.3 KB · Views: 218
  • WP_20151220_006.jpg
    WP_20151220_006.jpg
    174.7 KB · Views: 218
I decided to make a toy engine each for two grandchildren under 2 yrs old. I was just amazed at how long it is taking, such a lot of sanding and bits to glue up, then painting. They will hopefully be finished before the big day.

K

Five females,myself and son plus a toddler at the Christmas dinner table. Knocked out these for little table gifts, very quick and simple, reasonably similar (so the women don't moan). Didn't have any bottle openers so bought these cheapies and canibalised them.
Still got something to make for my granddaughter.

Attachments

• wilco corkscrew.jpg
    wilco corkscrew.jpg
    17 KB · Views: 145
  • bottle stoppers.jpg
    bottle stoppers.jpg
    46.9 KB · Views: 145
Cutting board + smaller french rolling pin from ash for my sister & husband.

Bigger french rolling pin from oak for my parents.

graduate_owner":irf058r3 said:
I decided to make a toy engine each for two grandchildren under 2 yrs old. I was just amazed at how long it is taking, such a lot of sanding and bits to glue up, then painting. They will hopefully be finished before the big day.K
I decided to make a toy tractor for my granddaughter - it amazes me how long it's taking, too. Half-way through the painting now, so I think i'll just make it :)

gregmcateer":3r4dtpmt said:
Lons":3r4dtpmt said:
(so the women don't moan)

:lol: :lol: :lol: . Yeah, right.

I assume the toddler doesn't get the pointy things?!?

:lol: :lol: :lol: Won't be long though she's 3 in Feb so soon be drinking wine :lol:

Just made her this but as she can't sit still for longer than 10 seconds, it won't get a lot of use.
Pic is off my phone so not good and make the legs look straight but are angled out about 10 deg

Attachments

• stool.jpg
    stool.jpg
    50.3 KB · Views: 56
She could use it as a milking stool providing you could find her a dairy farmer to marry.
Noce job.

made 2 bird boxes based on the design/dimensions littleun gave me, shes painted them as christmas puddings, I laquered them.. for the grandads.
she wanted to make something for mummy, so we stuck two bits of 1/4" ply together, knocked out a triangle shape with a base, she then drew and coping sawed the notches to make it into a slotthed together christmas tree, which she painted :)
Really liking that plank of wood full of vodka :D

Back