Small Chest on a Stand

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
newt":99q5e7il said:
Following on from previous comments and as this project is a bit experimental I have made a few changes. Lay out lines removed from the carcase, new stand with tapered legs and the rail on the stand reduced in depth by 5mm.

Chest in position

3473120660_3ff838366e.jpg
Pete - subtle impovement to the stand...better proportioned :wink:...hope you haven't drilled that hole though :roll: :lol: - Rob

No holes Rob, I thought I would play around with the stand and make it a bit more delicate. I am surprised at the effect of reducing the depth of the rails I did this progressively; the original rails looked ok on the half scale drawing, just goes to show its the real thing that matters.

I think this is a lovely little piece. I'm unsure on my opinions about scribe lines - I think personally, I wouldn't have them showing on the outside of the carcass, but would perhaps leave them on the drawers, that way, nosey know-it-alls, can open the drawer and marvel in the hand-craftedness, while keep the carcass smooth and well finished.

The only thing I don't like about the piece is the stand. I love krenov stuff generally, and many of his pieces were displayed on a stand, but a small chest of drawers like this to my eye's just doesn't look right with a stand, not sure why because it's a fabulous looking piece otherwise.

Back