Small Business Ideas Please....

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Big Al 71

Reaction score
Hi folks,

I've recently moved into a new place that I hope to run as a smallholding and would like to generate some income from woodworking. I have a workshop which is about the size of 3-4 double garages and some basic kit (decent table saw, router table, disc/belt sander, pillar drill, small planer/thicknesser).

Any suggestions as to the type of work that I can get into that might generate a little cash to help with the bills, and where to sell, would be much appreciated :)

Cheers,

Al

Come up with some creatively shaped small garden planters and try and flog them to local garden centres

These seem to sell well ebut 26127981914 compost bin £115 + p & p

$T2eC16VHJHgE9n0yFjbvBQ6bDNioH!~~60_35.JPG

on a similar note to the above, what about beehive cocktail cabinets? Ideal for bbqs and outdoor gatherings, and at least you wouldnt be competing with everybody else on price.

I was going to suggest Christmas items due to the time of year, but that has been suggested already. Another good seller in my experiance is bird tables, bird boxed, bat boxes, and garden furniture - which by the sounds of things you have the room to make

Random Orbital Bob":wpzq3579 said:
coffins.

Totally recession proof :)

Absolutely, they make them out of MDF here. Then there are the new cardboard and wicker ones for the ecological minded. And for cats and dogs, there's a huge market in Animal Remembrance, urns, coffins, plaques, amazing what people will spend their money on.

Back