Slotted wood screws

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jim1950

Established Member
Reaction score
I've not used slotted wood screws for a long time now, since I stopped antique restoration found them a bit of a pain, apart from fitting brassware where cross heads don't look right, (still put the slots in line with the grain like I was made too when apprenticed,) but clearing in the workshop found this 14 kilos of them 95% new from 6'' down to 1/4'', now just for recycling.
If anyone want's them and want a day out at the seaside collect for free from Sandgate Kent CT20
zePsy7TTRsiN8IymOrUfXQ.jpg

Devils invention. :)
yes, unfortunately I'm old enough to remember when Philip's screws first came in to general use in woodworking, a lot of the old school then said the same but we was still made to put all the cross's upright

I'd love those, but too far away, I do lots of 'industrial' and abused pieces of furniture, using recycled wood and modern plated screws ust don't look right.
My experience is they are hard to get.. there is a supplier of old stock in Derby or Nottingham, but they cost a lot.

You mentioned recycling.. if no one takes up your generous offer try ebay, I am sure there are folks who would pay you for them.

I'd love those, but too far away, I do lots of 'industrial' and abused pieces of furniture, using recycled wood and modern plated screws ust don't look right.
My experience is they are hard to get.. there is a supplier of old stock in Derby or Nottingham, but they cost a lot.

You mentioned recycling.. if no one takes up your generous offer try ebay, I am sure there are folks who would pay you for them.
Yes I would like someone to use them and I agree in some item modern screws just look wrong. I thing the problem with ebay will be the postage rate given the 14 kilos

Latest posts

Back