Sleigh bed design issue

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

nonidentity

Established Member
Reaction score
I was thinking of a sleigh bed. Looking at all the retail beds it seems they generally are a bit of a con in that the bed head/tail board is actually a straight piece with wither a curved board on top (or effectively melded to a pole on top). This sort of implies the "sleigh effect" if you see what I mean.
Whereas when I look at American sites the head/tail boards are actually curved, meeting a "pole" on top of the head/tail board if you follow. Well it certainly looks that way.

Am I being unrealistic expecting a sleigh bed to be "curved"? BTW I appreciate the fact the tail/head board is "straight at the "bottom" to ensure support of the mattress and then it curves away to the rail. I recognise the bed would take up additional floor space because of the curve however not that much as I can see.

Any comments?

nonidentity":304zyo6d said:
it seems they generally are a bit of a con in that the bed head/tail board is actually a straight piece with wither a curved board on top (or effectively melded to a pole on top). This sort of implies the "sleigh effect" if you see what I mean.
Any comments?

This bugs me too every time I see one, SWMBO thinks they look nice but they just look like a stage prop to me, hoping to fool the eye.

Back