Sky Broadband - any comments?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Taffy Turner

Established Member
Reaction score
I currently pay BT £20 a month for Broadband.

As I am a Sky customer, I can get their Base package for free.

As we are a bit rural, and can only get 0.5 M/s anyway, this seems a good deal!

Does anyone here use Sky Broadband? If so - any comments - either good or bad?

Thanks.

Gary

Hi Gary

I asked the same question here.

In the end, none of the free/cheap broadband options were available, so I stayed with Virgin for Broadband. I did move the TV and telephone though and save a considerable amount each month.

If they haven't got a sky box in your exchange, then you won't get the free option.

Cheers,
Neil

Yup, I use it and have done for the last year. The e-mail client is appaling - very rarely works and extremely slow to deliver messages (several hours at least). Use an online based e-mail account and you should be fine (google mail for example).

In terms of service, I have gone through 2 routers in 9 months, am now on my third although this may be due to problems at our telephone exchange rather than a fault with Sky themselves. The helpline is good but its best simply to tell them the power light doesnt stay on and they will send you a new router straight away rather than asking silly questions about have you changed you phone line recently etc etc.

In terms of connection, no problem at all with connection at any time, and the wireless function is fine with my laptop.

For £5 a month I have no complaints, use it mostly in the evenings and at weekends so not sure what its like if you want to run a business from it in the day.

HTH,

Steve.

Neil,

Thanks for the link - I must have missed that thread somehow.. (homer) I have checked with Sky and their broadband is available in my area.

Steve,

Thanks for that - I use web-based email at home anyway, so that isn't an issue.

I think I will give them a go - as I am already a Sky customer, it isn't going to cost me anything, and I get 12months of McAfee AV for free!!

If at the end of the day they are no good - I can always go elsewhere.

Regards

Gary

I also use Sky Broadband, having been messed about by BT ( despite being a customer since broadband first became residential)..so opted to use Sky, and icant say a bad thing about them, always connected, unlike BT, always get a descent bandwidth, unlike BT, and although been usually scottish ( and I wont hold that against them :lol: ), Sky customer service as always been helpful, again unlike BT and thats if you can understand them (New Delhi Telephone Exchange :lol: ).
So , yes go with Sky, and if your not happy you have a myriad of suppliers to choose from..

Back