SIP tools

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
If Pete is about - can you tell me some more about the SIP Sliding Mitre saw. Where did you see the review - do you have a link - what did it say? What's the build quality like? Is it more like a Makita or a Power Devil? You get the drift.
Many thanks - I'm quite tempted myself for that reduced price.
Cheers
Gidon

Evening Gidon

The review was in the Woodworker (Feb) and summarised thus:

"It's hard to criticise this saw. It provides performance at a great price. With careful us, it should give years of good service".

I can't 'zackly remember what the Power Devil is like, but recall the one I saw had plenty of play where it's not wanted, and didn't slide too smoothly.

The NuTool was better, but still didn't slide too well, and I've made a point of not going within 10' of the DeWalt kit, as 'Er indoors says I can't have one!

The SIP saw is all metal, barring the lower blade guard and the very flimsy release lever for same, which allows the saw to descend; and the whole thing just feels rather nice and chunky.

It has a very effective blade brake.... I don't know if that's common on the cheaper saws?

www.sip-group.com but there's not much info here.

One thing; all the advertising and the manual quotes a max. depth of cut of 64mm, but it goes much deeper than that - over 80mm, I think.

Cheers, Pete

Hi Pete
Thanks for that. Sounds good. And not a bad price.
I wish decent woodworking tools were cheaper though.
I have a power devil router which is ok - I've been meaning to upgrade for a while but it does the job. But I bought a power devil cicular saw a while back which was awful - the blade wobbled as you cut. Swapped it for a dewalt one - which is just lovely (if I manage to lift it up from the floor!)
Cheers
Gidon

Latest posts

Back