SIP 6" planer

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jeremy Nako

Established Member
Reaction score
Looking to purchase a low cost, small bench planer, and this has come up in my research..

https://www.sip-group.com/store/category/208/product/01543.aspx
I'm not familiar with this brand - can anyone tell me anything about it..? It fits my requirements now that the Triton TSPL 152 isnt going to see the light of day for the next 3 months.

I'm not looking to buy second hand and I realise that this wont be a top end perfect planer.

I'm just looking for advice as to the brand, any personal experiences and - in the unlikely but possible event that I've missed something - any alternative makes and models.

I was going to buy one but got the Rutlands one instead, which I think is a different model but similar spec. I find it fine for my own use (hobby, boxes, small furniture, etc) since I design around its limitations.

Required minor fettling but overall it does a good job.

Rutlands have sold out as well, but good to hear that it's ok within it's own limitations.

The only planer of it's kind that seems to be available is the Proxxon from Axminster, but at only 80mm planing width it's not what I'm after.

Cheers James, though pretty much everything at this level / price range is out of stock everywhere.

But again.. good to know.

Latest posts

Back