SIP bandsaw help/manual?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Oakbear

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,

I just bought a second hand SIP bandsaw (the 12"'Heavy Duty' item 01486), but got it home and nothing from the motor.
I think the seller was kosher when he said it was working and it'd be easy enough to take back if needed.

Anyway, anyone have the manual for this so i can check i'm not doing anything silly?
I know it has microswitches in the doors, so maybe one's jammed or something? Or a hidden safety lock or something?
I looks mechanically sound, and no obvious wires out place or such.

Thanks!

EDIT - I meant to post this in the general section - which i have now done, so if a mod wants to remove then please do, but for now i've left it in case a helpful turner stumbles by!

I have a 14" model and dust gets inside the on/off switch, as the bale travels behind it it dumps the dust in the switch and blocks the contacts!

Just take out the switch, and behind is a clear box with the contacts in, if it has dust in there get it out and the press the switch on and off a few tines to free the debris! This seems to happen to mine ever few months!

PHIL

I also have the 14" and sometimes the micro switches get a bit cloged up, try pushing the switch by hand there should be an audible click as it engages. Also check that the sprung bars on the doors are lined up correctly with the switches.

One way to test is remove the blade then tape the switches closed and try turning the machine on, but make sure you remove the blade before you try it.

john

Thankyou very much folks, the bandsaw is now working!

I'm not sure whether it was the no-volt or the microswitches, but both were a bit clogged up with sawdust, exacerbatted by my laying it down to transport, not knowing thre was a ton of dust still inside!

Anyway a quick clean, and Bob's your Uncle, Fanny's your Aunt....

I'm well pleased with it. £100 off t'bay, and it's been used twice so appart from a sack of sawdust, is in new condition!

Latest posts

Back