SIP 250mm Table Saw Sliding Extension

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Joints

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys,

Well I just sold my Wadkin saw and as I am moving need to get a ne wone to replace. What with the Rutlands 10% offer I was looking at the SIP 250mm saw and was wondering if anyone of you had it and what it is like, especially if you have the extra sliding carriage that goes with it.

Is the sliding carriage good and true? My wadkwins sliding table was bleeding awful!!

I just want to know if it had a decent gauge and if it runs smoothly and flat along its run.

Also need to buy a new planer and was looking at the Axy 106 and wondering if thats worth a buy? I already have the Dewalt 733 thicknesser which I find to be really good but its capacity isn't brilliant and its always good to have an extra as there are two of us in the workshop. Ideally I am after the biggest planer I can get for the dosh.

Got around £6-700 on each piece of kit.

Thanks and I appreciate the amount of times people look for P/T. I have read through a lot of posts already but I could not find a great deal of info on the Axy, it looks to me to be the biggest width cutter for the price but is it worth spending that little bit more for a Jet ot Schep?

Many regards,
George

Hi George, why on earth did you get rid of your Wadkin?

Anyway to the SIP. I have the 12" model with the sliding table and once you fettle and set it up, it is an excellent machine. The sliding table is actually the same one as Scheppach use.

There are quite a few 10" owners and as far as I know they are all happy with their machines.

There are also a few clones including the Axminster, Fox and Itech.

Good luck

Mike

Thanks Mike.

Well although the Wadkin had a great top and lovely motor on it, it wasn't particularly safe, the fence was pretty dodgy and hard to get straight everytime you needed to change it and the sliding table was basically un usable.

Plus I sold it for twice my buying price.

I have found a website that is selling the 12" including two extension table and the pic includes the sliding carriage although I can't imagine it coming with that for £1010 so I think I might have to spend the extra money and grab that as it seems a bargain no? How much did yo uget your for Mike?

George

Joints":2g92v81v said:
Thanks Mike.

Well although the Wadkin had a great top and lovely motor on it, it wasn't particularly safe, the fence was pretty dodgy and hard to get straight everytime you needed to change it and the sliding table was basically un usable.

Plus I sold it for twice my buying price.

I have found a website that is selling the 12" including two extension table and the pic includes the sliding carriage although I can't imagine it coming with that for £1010 so I think I might have to spend the extra money and grab that as it seems a bargain no? How much did yo uget your for Mike?

George

Hi George, I got mine for a £1,000 which incude the sliding table, rear extension, side extensions, the wheel kit and free delivery, but that was 3 years ago when all the machines were much cheaper and you could get the 10" for something like £400.
You are right in saying that the machine you found for £1010 will not include the sliding table. The whole 12" kit costs about £1600 now.

On the other hand all of machines (12" and 10") do include the two side extensions in the price.

Are you now thinking about going for the 12" saw now, because for the same price (£950 t0 £1000) you could get the whole 10" setup?

Cheers

Mike

Well... I might be getting carried away its true.

I would definately like the sliding bed but cannot afford it with the 12" but the cutting capacity is that much greater. Not sure if its worth the investment and save up another month or too and get the sliding bed for the 12".

I guess its a toss up between 3 and 4 inch cuts and I am not terribly likely to do that much 4" stuff. Okay so 10" with extensions and possible carriage if I can afford it.

Anyone got ideas on the planer?

George (PS Thanks for putting up with my thinking out loud :) )

I just want to know if it had a decent gauge and if it runs smoothly and flat along its run.

NO! At least not on mine, but with appropriate fettling it's now OK.

Roy.

hi opj

sliding table only without the bottom sliding rail , for £350 no thanks and collection only , thanks for trying though . hc

I have the sliding table with my 10" SIP and I couldn't be more happy. The best bit about it is it takes about 2 seconds to set up if you move the rail or knock it whilst walking about it.

The supplied mitre gauge isn't up to much, I'd upgrade to an Incra if I didn't have the sliding table already.

That looks like a good saw, but that isn't the standard rail, very short which could be a good thing.

Thanks for all the replies folks.

Think I am going to go for the SIP 10" and if the budget can afford it, the sliding table too.

As for the P/T though, I am still undecided. The one Corset is selling would be fantastic if no one else gets there first!

George

Back