SIP 10" cast iron table saw (01332) power requirements

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cambournepete

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi All,

I'm confused, and I know it's been discussed before...

13A or 16A?

I'm thinking of getting this saw, but can't find any definitive answer to whether it's happy on a 13amp feed or needs 16A.

I don't want to spend several £100 and then find out I need to upgrade the electrics in my garage...

Thanks,
Pete

cambournepete":3bghib6p said:
Hi All,

I'm confused, and I know it's been discussed before...

13A or 16A?

I'm thinking of getting this saw, but can't find any definitive answer to whether it's happy on a 13amp feed or needs 16A.

I don't want to spend several £100 and then find out I need to upgrade the electrics in my garage...

Thanks,
Pete

Well it comes fitted with a 13 amp plug. :)

I've had this saw for a couple of months now and it runs fine from a 13amp regular socket with the extractor running,
garage lights (6 strips) on, jet air filter and a computer with two monitors too. The lights do dim on start up, but thats about it.

My garage electrics are currently a 13amp fused spur from the main ring. Plan to upgrade this in the future.

Cheers,
Sam

And just to pipper the whole thing up, mine won't! Sorry! :oops:

Roy.

Mine runs off a 13amp supply. But that 13amp socket is off a 15amp ring main within my workshop/garage so effectively 30amps is available.

I ran a 15amp ring from my consumer box to a small consumer box in the garage (effectively a 30amp supply) then a ring main from that consumer box around the workshop. separate supplies were taken from the workshop unit to serve the greenhouse and the summerhouse/store/and pond pump.

It all works, but I do switch things on separately, to avoid a surge taking out the fuses.

I had this saw and wired it to a 13amp plug on a 20amp supply in the shed. I started it up before starting the dust extractor, and a short dim of lights would occasionaly occur, but otherwise, worked perfectly.

If you are running your saw of a 13amp plug then that is the power available, it does not matter if your ring main is 30 or 15 amp, the fuse in the plug determines the available power.

Some sip 10" run off a 13 amp plug and some do not. When i first had my saw it would sometimes blow the fuse on start up. The problem was that the drive belts were too tight which resulted in the start up current blowing the fuse.

By readjusting the belts to a lesser tension the saw runs of a 13amp plug and the blade does not slip under full depth of cut.

Les

Back