Table saw options help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Mark18PLL

Established Member
Reaction score
I am thinking of upgrading my tablesaw but I am limited with space in my single garage workshop. I currently have a Dewalt DWE7492 250mm but am finding it harder to get on with, it's just not easy to adjust and get bang on.

I would like something floor standing that I can move around but I want it to be accurate or at least be able to make it so and I dont want to have to spend ages refurbing it.

I have seen some startrite and also a small whitehead but I dont know much about them or how much space they take up, they are also single phase and would need alterations to my electrics and I have no idea how much this would cost.

Cheers
Mark

I have an Axminster panel saw for sale which may suit you which is on a frame with wheels so easy to move around

I am thinking of upgrading my tablesaw but I am limited with space in my single garage workshop. I currently have a Dewalt DWE7492 250mm but am finding it harder to get on with, it's just not easy to adjust and get bang on.

I would like something floor standing that I can move around but I want it to be accurate or at least be able to make it so and I dont want to have to spend ages refurbing it.

I have seen some startrite and also a small whitehead but I dont know much about them or how much space they take up, they are also single phase and would need alterations to my electrics and I have no idea how much this would cost.

Cheers
Mark
I bought a second hand Startrite TA175 nearly 30 years ago. I cleaned it up, repaired the fence, moved the riving knife assembly back so it could run with [thinner kerf] 12" blades, made an extraction point at the base and painted it. I then put it on a caster base so it is very easy to move around. Since then it has seen my grease gun on two possibly three occasions. It has proved to be an excellent saw, accurate and reliable and now at probably nearly 60 years old it is proving to been a wise purchase.

Colin

I bought a second hand Startrite TA175 nearly 30 years ago. I cleaned it up, repaired the fence, moved the riving knife assembly back so it could run with [thinner kerf] 12" blades, made an extraction point at the base and painted it. I then put it on a caster base so it is very easy to move around. Since then it has seen my grease gun on two possibly three occasions. It has proved to be an excellent saw, accurate and reliable and now at probably nearly 60 years old it is proving to been a wise purchase.

Colin
This is probably what I am looking for.

.. they are also single phase and would need alterations to my electrics and I have no idea how much this would cost.
Think you’ll find single phase is what just about everyone has as standard..3 phase is the expensive option as it’s usually only available for high volume consumers as found in industry. In the worst case scenario you may possibly need a power supply that’s supplied from a circuit with a higher amp rating. Usually the largest expense is getting the power safely to where you intend to use it such as a garage or shed. The sensible option is to contact some electricians and tell them exactly what you want to get some quotes.

I would think one of the Aximinster/ kity 8" or 10" saws would suit?
IMG_1289.jpeg

This is Axminster 256 in a single garage best thing I ever did it’s excellent. On a trolley to enable it move around and Chartwell extractor in sound reducing cabinet.
I have looked at one of the Axminster ones and they look pretty good for a small space.

Back