Shipping containers

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

doctor Bob

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
Can anyone recommend a good site to buy a 20ft container from with delivery. Want it for temporary storage whilst my cart shed is built and then use it for garden machinery storage on a permanent basis. Delivery to SG11 herts

I bought one a year or two ago, I'll pm you the guys number if you like. There are a lot of middle men out there. This guy picks you a single use one from the docks and brings it to you, no middle man.

Just not sure he covers your neck of the woods, but ring him, he might know someone on the CB radio. I assume they still use those :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PMd you. Let me know if he can help.

The problem when I was buying was even the outfits down the road from me wanted almost £500 more, I'll be buying another one soon hopefully for storing steel stock and more nonsense a hoarder like me keeps. I picked a green one last time round and hid it at the end of the drive, most people don't even see it in amongst the undergrowth.

Alexam, the thing with a container is, you'll never lose money on one, so why rent if you can afford to buy.

Make shore you tell them it is just for storage (water tight and locking) as you will just pay a premium for an export reg one.

We have had them from Bullmans delivered to Essex and Suffolk yards for the same money. They usually have old ugly battered one's they will get rid of for delivery charge and a cash drink,. Then just baton the outside and clad in shiplap...

Best

Wolfey

Word of warning:

If these are air tight ish they rust away internally and the oxygen levels can become depleted.
fully open the doors and give it a few minutes before accessing the rear internal

If you are going to store gas cylinders or fuel in them add vents & extraction

Mine has vents fitted, it's a one use one (what they term as new) and I don't believe it's airtight as such. Certainly water-tight though.

Do you get condensation in them. These one trip ones, are they pretty spot on. I'm a bit OCD about things looking OK.

I haven't seen condensation in mine and it's storing all sorts. It appeared to be freshly painted on the inside, presumably the Lamborghini scratched the inside on the way over to Columbia.

They say the older ones shouldn't be used for storing anything you don't want to get damp...they say.

Wuffles":196w728o said:
I bought one a year or two ago, I'll pm you the guys number if you like. There are a lot of middle men out there. This guy picks you a single use one from the docks and brings it to you, no middle man.

Just not sure he covers your neck of the woods, but ring him, he might know someone on the CB radio. I assume they still use those :)

please could you send me details as well. I'm looking for one for Scouts.

We have a one trip one here at the workshop which we use for bits and pieces which might come in handy sometime, but we also store some timber and sheet materials in it which are left over from jobs and are not our usual stuff.

Never had any problems with condensation.

DiscoStu":1xjp7l12 said:
Wuffles":1xjp7l12 said:

Let us know how many you can fit in. :D

DiscoStu":3a54w2t8 said:
Wuffles":3a54w2t8 said:

I think this would work better for you.

maxresdefault.jpg

Back