Sheppach plunge help

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nippychippy

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi guys bit of a scratchie head time bought the sheppach plung saw it came with two tracks for under 200 quid which is half the price of the dewalt and makita one and one third the price of the festool I bought the cheaper one on two reasons 1 I have other sheppach tools which are great 2 the reviews didn't justify the more price ones so my problems are its good on the mdf today I was cutting a kitchen decor end panel which was chipboard which is a b**tard I seem to be getting chipping on the side it shouldn't don't think I am doing anything wrong with the saw the splinter guard cut ok on the first setup really hoping I haven't wasted money

Look forward for the I'm put
Robert :shock: :?

What blade was supplied with the saw? At that price i assume one of the cost savings was with the blade. I would either return it as not fit for purpose. Or if you want to stick with it, get a quality high tooth count blade for it. :)

I get dramatically different results between fine-tooth and 'general purpose' blades (Makita SP6000k). You need the right blade for the job.

Also, if it's melamine-faced, the results will depend a lot on the depth of cut you take: if the blade is set too deep, you'll probably tear the facing, as the teeth are leaving the material too "vertically". Bigger tablesaws have a separate scoring blade (climb-cutting, too, i.e. rotating the opposite way to the main teeth) to deal with just that problem. Although it should do well on both sides of the cut, your 'best' side will still be underneath, like a normal handheld circular.

Since it plunges, and you can set the depth, try making a very shallow pass first (little more than scuffing the surface). You'll get best results if you go backwards (start the cut furthest away from you and pull the saw towards you). Then finish the cut normally.

Let us know how it goes!

E.

Back