Shed door

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Pip

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi folks, have to replace door to outside cleaning gear storage shed, what material do you suggest? door is approx. 6ft x 2ft
T.I.A.
pete

A simple board door from softwood would be perfectly adequate unless you live in the more rundown parts of a bigger city. In that case I suggest 20 mm hot rolled mild steel plate;-)

heimlaga, the steel would be too much weight for the carcase, but thanks for the idea! B.T.W. there's nothing wrong with your English
thetyreman, thanks for your reply, have found I can get t & g from Wickes for just over £20, maybe not the best, but should out last me
pete

Nowt better than t&gv2s the traditional way :) like they always did int tholden days, with a good coat of preserving paint.

Got my paint, got my hinges, got my cross pieces cut to length, rippin 'em down to thickness A.M. t&g being delivered sometime tomorrow.
Wickes didn't have my size in stock (so had to try a local branch of MKM) but they did have the paint, advertised on line at £5, but still priced on shelf at £11.
Hoping for a dry day!
pete

I know that I am rambling on about an insignificant job, but through one thing or another, it's been 2 years or more since I've been able to do any woodwork, except for a few pens, so I am enjoying this effort.
The t & g arrived today, (I was having 40 winks), I had ordered 8 lengths at 1.5 m, the delivery was 3 lengths at 4.5 m, wasn't looking forward to cutting them but really enjoyed it, my old Sandvik Barracuda sounded just as sweet as ever and made the job a doddle, really made my day, then the rain came! never mind, it's hammer and nails time tomorrow, can't wait. (hammer) :D
pete

Latest posts

Back