Shaving Kits

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

galwayworker

Established Member
Reaction score
Hi,
I was wondering if anyone has details of an online supplier for double edge razor heads / kits from a UK or European source. I know you can get the Mach 3 kits fairly easily but I was looking for the traditional double edge style… From reading the discussion last week in the general section of the forum I made the switch to DE razors and now I was thinking of turning one along with a shaving brush for myself (I know it's only been a week but I'm a convert!!)
I would prefer a UK or European supplier rather than the US as everything posted or shipped from the US seems to get by our postal / customs system which adds on tax and an admin charge.
Cheers,
John

On another forum I'm on a guy has a company called gingernuts shaving. Give them a google

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

Good shout. I like a safety razor myself. I'm currently using a triple blade one because I got a bing of cheap blades for it. (or rather a bing of blades cheap)
I find I get a much closer shave and less irritation with my old fashioned double edge blades though.

I use Edwin Jagger - the English Saving Co. of Sheffield.
I think the previous thread mentioned some other Uk suppliers?

Rod

Hi,
Thanks for all the replys :D . The two UK suppliers (Pen Crafts and The Turners Workshop) stock the mach 3 kits and the brush knots so I will be putting in an order for some brush knots with one of them soon.
Keith I was wondering what type of kits you have? Cheers :D
Just like this forum there are shaving forums out there that have members that are very into their shaving kit, the guys that are into the straight edge razors have some amazing blades.

John

I have a couple of EdwinJagger DE razors and they a fine. I don't see any head only DE razors on their site.
A couple of years ago I bought a head only from a USA supplier and it was made in India and lasted just 8 months before the thread parted company from the head. The US supplied part cost £16 plus postage . The Edwin Jagger razors start from £24 and so it would be cheaper to buy that and dispose of the handle and turn one yourself if that is what you want.
I don't know why no one makes these heads since wet shaving is becoming more popular and Mack3 blades so expensive.

Back