Shabby Chic or Shabby dung?

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
It's amazing what some folk will make and others will buy!

It would barely be good enough for my shed. :)

Strange question that.
Maybe the seller is on another planet but his target customers are also on that planet maybe there is a lesson for us all to learn.
Not all our potential customers will want what we think they should have.

I had a spate of making little shabby chic shelves.....not quite as shabby as that one though. :lol:
I could barely keep up with demand. Got boring after about 20.

Demand....plenty of people willing to part money just to have the ability to discuss their latest purchase.

As someone once told me, if you are surprised how much someone can make by selling something you can make, then why are you not making and selling?

But generally, put 'art' in the title and it increases the value, like rare can with car parts..

They've had no sales (or at least no feedback) since November, so presumably everyone else thinks the same :)

powertools":2jvjdpre said:

A lesson that SWMBO and I have just learned. Recently she was commissioned to hand carve 16 oak robins. The customer then rejected them and cancelled the order because they weren't all exactly alike :?

Well, the whole "shabby chic" thing is MEANT to look as if you've just thrown
your room together with stuff that you've found in your travels, and improvised with, and it all
fits together because of your exquisite taste - regardless of how big a hole
it actually made in your current account.

It's a bit like the "sexily tousled just got out of bed hair" seen on some film stars,
that takes a skilled hair dresser around an hour to create...

BugBear

DTR":29werw63 said:
powertools":29werw63 said:

A lesson that SWMBO and I have just learned. Recently she was commissioned to hand carve 16 oak robins. The customer then rejected them and cancelled the order because they weren't all exactly alike :?

Uh...that's sacriledge! But the point is well made. Any crafty type would be stampeding towards the idea that the very differences are what hand made gives them beyond mass production. I really hope she had a deposit and it was kept. What a philistine of a customer (because they didn't want what I think they should have :)

Latest posts

Back