Cheap Systainers!

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I was certain I had heard of ( tanos ) previously. They appear to be identical edit to festool and at 12.50 each well worth it even if you have to get the anti septic spray out . Looks like the same systainers made for multiple manufacturers.

Attachments

• IMG_2761.jpeg
    IMG_2761.jpeg
    638.8 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_2762.png
    IMG_2762.png
    960.9 KB · Views: 0
Tanos is owned by TTS (who own Festool).

I expect these Systainers are a big sell off from covid testing no longer being required

(Small edit - yes I remember someone commenting that Vantainer (the distributors of Tanos in the UK) were busy with Covid related stuff at the time. If you look at companies house, Vantainer and MedDxTainer have the same people involved)

I expect the systainers themselves are fine on the inside then - everything was sealed in tubes and then bags

Thanks for the link @Doug71
I've been looking out for a large systainer for my old elu177. Not many boxes are large enough for them but they fit in upright in the bigger systainer.
Prices of new systainers are just silly !

If you want relatively cheap new sustainers, I was able to pick some 187mm heigh ones from Kelvin Power for £25 each with battery inserts in. I have then been selling the inserts on eBay, so actual cost to me was under £20 per systainer.

Anyone tempted by these systainers, based on the first one delivered to me today, they've had a fairly hard life. Not broken but dirty, well scuffed and adhesive residue from old stickers on 4 surfaces.
You'll need a can of lighter fuel and a heap of big wipes to make them more respectable.

Still. It'll do what I want so still a good find. Cheers.

20240308_121055.jpg

Attachments

• 20240308_121042.jpg
    20240308_121042.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240308_121132.jpg
    20240308_121132.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240308_121123.jpg
    20240308_121123.jpg
    2.6 MB · Views: 0
  • 20240308_121156.jpg
    20240308_121156.jpg
    2.4 MB · Views: 0
I just ordered two off ebay for £11.25 each and £8 postage for the pair. If they don't look like the photos (clean) then a claim will be opened. Thanks for the heads up Doug.

I have several Festool and Mafell systainers and hopefully these will be useful for other tools and stack properly with the Festool ones.

Sadly I've had to open a return request as not only was the condition poor, but also only 1 box was shipped vs the 3 that I bought :-(
Eyes open for other sellers listing these if many pallets full were auctioned off.

Edit : seller says all 3 of mine were shipped, just in multiple shipments because of size limits. Ebay only takes one tracking number and he didn't think to message the second one.

He was entirely blasé about the poor condition just saying it'll clean up. I've told him that if the others turn out to be as bad as the first, ebay will be adjudicating on the refund....

I don't mind necessarily buying something worn, what I object to is the mismatch between what is promised in the photos and the reality of what he delivers. He's been to too many burger joints !

Last edited:
Waiting for mine to arrive - ordered 2 - expecting to give them a full once over with IPA when they arrive

Sadly I've had to open a return request as not only was the condition poor, but also only 1 box was shipped vs the 3 that I bought :-(
Eyes open for other sellers listing these if many pallets full were auctioned off.

Edit : seller says all 3 of mine were shipped, just in multiple shipments because of size limits. Ebay only takes one tracking number and he didn't think to message the second one.

He was entirely blasé about the poor condition just saying it'll clean up. I've told him that if the others turn out to be as bad as the first, ebay will be adjudicating on the refund....

I don't mind necessarily buying something worn, what I object to is the mismatch between what is promised in the photos and the reality of what he delivers. He's been to too many burger joints !
I also ordered three, ones turned up in ok condition, the other two I had to ask for the tracking for.

Under 5 mins with meths and wash and my first ones like this

Attachments

• IMG_1502.jpeg
    IMG_1502.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
My two arrived this morning with only central tape banding and wrapped in black commercial cling wrap. Two corners shattered and two base T-loc lugs broken in transit due to abysmal packaging. A quick wipe with hot soapy water soon removed the muck from storage

If anyone wants to experiment, soaking the printed parts with isopropyl alcohol and rubbing with a green scotchbrite seems to remove the ink.

The surface is somewhat stippled so maybe applying a rag soaked in IPA, covering with plastic to stop the IPA evaporating and leaving overnight would allow a scrubbing brush to do a more thorough job.

Arrived - will be cleaning up tomorrow

IMG_9493.jpeg

Packaging is on the lighter weight end of the scale…

:)
Lighter fluid (naptha) is a good solvent for sticky labels. I find it works better than IPA for this task in most instances.
IPA is a really good degreaser and as rubbing alcohol mixed 70:30 with water, it's very useful for all sorts of cleaning tasks.

I've heard tell that putting Systainers in the Dishwasher cleans them up a treat,.....as long as you get permission from the other half !
I've not tried it myself, I hasten to add....😁

Back