• We invite you to join UKWorkshop.
    Members can turn off viewing Ads!

September challenge - 3 weed pots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
I know its a bit early but I imagine that not all of this year's entrants do weed pots on a regular basis.

I do them all the time as they fit in with my wife's garden business. No doubt Allen will confirm but I assume the pots will have to be working models and therefore will need an insert.

I would offer to supply some but the postage from here would be a bit heavy to the UK for everyone. The suppliers I use are: http://www.plastictesttubes.co.uk/plastic-test-tubes-category-32.html

120mm x 17mm is the perfect size if anybody wants to get them in well on time. You will have to buy ten but thats only £2.99 plus postage. maybe threes of you could club together.

Jonzjob - I'll send you three, I can just about afford the postage in France!!

jumps

Established Member
Reaction score
ah - the mist clears........

so this 'thing' I made from a bit of spalted cherry a couple of weeks ago is a 'weed pot'?

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
jumps":11wmjptz said:

so this 'thing' I made from a bit of spalted cherry a couple of weeks ago is a 'weed pot'?

er.... possibly. Blister will have to confirm but normally, they take a single bloom so tend to be a bit smaller than yours.

Maybe I stirred it up a bit early!! Dats wot yu git when you try an' 'elp :(

Blister

Established Member
Reaction score
Way too soon to be talking weed pots :shock:

Alli

Established Member
Reaction score
jumps":22to4v0m said:

Blimey :shock: , if thats for your weeds I'd hate to see what you use for your flowers :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Excellent pot =D> =D> =D>

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Blister":337kwc7e said:
Way too soon to be talking weed pots :shock:
Yes but what happens if people can't get the inserts?? September is only just a couple of months away.

I was actually trying to be of assistance but as we know, that is not always appreciated.

Wildman

Established Member
Reaction score
cos he is too posh to say water pot, hee hee
now I never said water someone is taking the piddle

Noggsy

Established Member
Reaction score
Loving that (very) hollow form Jumps.

I'd never heard of a weed pot, although I've obviously heard of weed/pot....glad we're not making anything to keep that in :)

monkeybiter

Established Member
Reaction score
Gordon, I nicked some flat bottomed tubes from work for an earlier challenge [not used in the end] but thanks anyway. If not, I'd have definitely had a set of them. At least I've learned what a weed pot is.

That's stunning Jumps, beautiful vase.

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
still none to clear (must take my medication) is it a small vase? single flower ? or spill vase?
hello heeellllo is any one there HELLLOOOOO,
hmm must be shut, i'll come back later
pppppip

nev

Established Member
Reaction score
pip1954":3tj4yyg4 said:
still none to clear (must take my medication) is it a small vase? single flower ? or spill vase?
hello heeellllo is any one there HELLLOOOOO,
hmm must be shut, i'll come back later
pppppip
yep, small vase for a single stem flower or very small bunch of flowers picked from the roadside, think test tube sized hole 3-6 inches tall?

just do a google image search for weed pot and then ignore everything to do with weed or pot :wink:

Jonzjob

Established Member
Reaction score
Ex nr Carcassonne, S France. Now NW Wilts, UK
gus3049":3cyhwiyh said:
120mm x 17mm is the perfect size if anybody wants to get them in well on time. You will have to buy ten but thats only £2.99 plus postage. maybe threes of you could club together.

Jonzjob - I'll send you three, I can just about afford the postage in France!!
120 X 17mm? That seems very wide and shallow Gordon :?

Weed pots? Well there were eye thinking that the Pair of 'weed pots' I made for our neighbours Krimble pressie were 'specimen vases' :? Fick or wot me :oops: :oops: :oops: Mind you they had 6" long by 1" wide glass test tube type inserts. Still got 2 left too.

Gordon, that's a very kind gesture, ta :D :D I just hope that I can get back into my workshop in time?

You see, your thinking ahead is appreciated :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

pip1954

Established Member
Reaction score
hi
well many thanks again i have learnt something ,keep going at this rate and i will be able to tie my own boots soon!!!!
being serious for a minute this must be the best web site, hip,hip, hooray hip,hip, hooray hip,hip, hooray #-o sorry just could not resist =D> =D> =D> =D>
pip

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
Jonzjob":2khwdjtq said:
Well, it's the least that Gordon could possibly do and from my experience he will always try to do the least :twisted: :twisted: :roll:
And its goodnight from him........

gregmcateer

Established Member
Reaction score
Gordon,
Aside from the wide-ranging and I suspect ongoing, discussion re weedpots, many thnaks for posting the link for insert supplies - looks just the job.
Cheers
Greg