September challenge - 3 weed pots

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

gus3049

Established Member
Reaction score
I know its a bit early but I imagine that not all of this year's entrants do weed pots on a regular basis.

I do them all the time as they fit in with my wife's garden business. No doubt Allen will confirm but I assume the pots will have to be working models and therefore will need an insert.

I would offer to supply some but the postage from here would be a bit heavy to the UK for everyone. The suppliers I use are: http://www.plastictesttubes.co.uk/plastic-test-tubes-category-32.html

120mm x 17mm is the perfect size if anybody wants to get them in well on time. You will have to buy ten but thats only £2.99 plus postage. maybe threes of you could club together.

Jonzjob - I'll send you three, I can just about afford the postage in France!!

ah - the mist clears........

so this 'thing' I made from a bit of spalted cherry a couple of weeks ago is a 'weed pot'?

7345919826_f5e9c9b13d_z.jpg

jumps":11wmjptz said:

so this 'thing' I made from a bit of spalted cherry a couple of weeks ago is a 'weed pot'?

er.... possibly. Blister will have to confirm but normally, they take a single bloom so tend to be a bit smaller than yours.

Maybe I stirred it up a bit early!! Dats wot yu git when you try an' 'elp :(

jumps":22to4v0m said:

Blimey :shock: , if thats for your weeds I'd hate to see what you use for your flowers :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Excellent pot =D> =D> =D>

Blister":337kwc7e said:
Way too soon to be talking weed pots :shock:

Yes but what happens if people can't get the inserts?? September is only just a couple of months away.

I was actually trying to be of assistance but as we know, that is not always appreciated.

cos he is too posh to say water pot, hee hee
now I never said water someone is taking the piddle

Loving that (very) hollow form Jumps.

I'd never heard of a weed pot, although I've obviously heard of weed/pot....glad we're not making anything to keep that in :)

Gordon, I nicked some flat bottomed tubes from work for an earlier challenge [not used in the end] but thanks anyway. If not, I'd have definitely had a set of them. At least I've learned what a weed pot is.

That's stunning Jumps, beautiful vase.

still none to clear (must take my medication) is it a small vase? single flower ? or spill vase?
hello heeellllo is any one there HELLLOOOOO,
hmm must be shut, i'll come back later
pppppip

pip1954":3tj4yyg4 said:
still none to clear (must take my medication) is it a small vase? single flower ? or spill vase?
hello heeellllo is any one there HELLLOOOOO,
hmm must be shut, i'll come back later
pppppip

yep, small vase for a single stem flower or very small bunch of flowers picked from the roadside, think test tube sized hole 3-6 inches tall?
05_31_09_a_birch_vase_weed_pot_01.jpg

just do a google image search for weed pot and then ignore everything to do with weed or pot :wink:

gus3049":3cyhwiyh said:
120mm x 17mm is the perfect size if anybody wants to get them in well on time. You will have to buy ten but thats only £2.99 plus postage. maybe threes of you could club together.

Jonzjob - I'll send you three, I can just about afford the postage in France!!

120 X 17mm? That seems very wide and shallow Gordon :?

Weed pots? Well there were eye thinking that the Pair of 'weed pots' I made for our neighbours Krimble pressie were 'specimen vases' :? Fick or wot me :oops: :oops: :oops: Mind you they had 6" long by 1" wide glass test tube type inserts. Still got 2 left too.

Gordon, that's a very kind gesture, ta :D :D I just hope that I can get back into my workshop in time?

You see, your thinking ahead is appreciated :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

hi
well many thanks again i have learnt something ,keep going at this rate and i will be able to tie my own boots soon!!!!
being serious for a minute this must be the best web site, hip,hip, hooray hip,hip, hooray hip,hip, hooray #-o sorry just could not resist =D> =D> =D> =D>
pip

Jonzjob":2khwdjtq said:
Well, it's the least that Gordon could possibly do and from my experience he will always try to do the least :twisted: :twisted: :roll:

And its goodnight from him........

Gordon,
Aside from the wide-ranging and I suspect ongoing, discussion re weedpots, many thnaks for posting the link for insert supplies - looks just the job.
Cheers
Greg

Back