Proposed 2014 Woodturning Challenge

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
henton49er":1i770ba7 said:
Plaques:-

I have had a very kind offer from Daven (who made the plaques for the 2011 Challenge) to make similar plaques for the 2014 Challenge for the cost of materials and postage of the plaques to me. Many thanks, Daven =D> =D> =D>

=D>

henton49er said:
Plaques:-
This will mean that we only need very modest, and entirely voluntary, contributions from entrants to help meet these costs. Please donate what you can, but certainly no more than £5, to me, either by PayPal gift to [email protected] or PM me for my snail mail address if you prefer.
</quote>

Done.
Not sure when my entries will start, not got the lathe yet. You can consider the extra 1p to be a bribe :) (pressed the wrong button really)

Grahamshed":1i3gwlqk said:
You can consider the extra 1p to be a bribe :) (pressed the wrong button really)

I might (or might not) be easily bribed but I am not too sure that the princely sum of 1p will materially affect the scoring!! LOL!! :lol: :lol: :lol:

Mine has winged it's way to you as we'll. Did I hear you say these are backdated to the 2013 challenge? :lol:

Phil

winemaker":xhcmm7b5 said:
January – Something pierced ____ not sure what this means :!: :mrgreen:
Try typing " pierced turning " into Google for starters.

As of 10pm today, I have received donations totalling £33.01 towards the funding of a monthly prize and overall winner - many thanks for those who have contributed. =D> =D> =D> There is still time for further donations, but I think we have the basis for a plaque for each month's winner, plus an overall highest points scorer for the year.

I aim to publish the details of the January Challenge by the end of December, so entrants can take advantage of the holiday period to make a start. :lol: :lol:

Happy New Year to all you woodturners out there!

Contribution on it's way....

Something pierced - my thumb doesn't count does it? - I did do it with a tuning tool... :)

Sammo

Donations now up to a total of a fraction over £40.

I have tried to thank everyone who has donated by PM; but there is one forum member that I cannot thank in this way, as I do not know their forum Username. You will know who you are - so thank you anyway!! =D> =D> =D>

Mike
Sent My donation today as I Explained In pm Its health permitting whether I can enter at The moment but hope I can And will try My best To get spinning timber soon also the offer of my services on the other point I raised is still open
Regards
Bill

Donations towards the 2014 Challenge now stands at £59.01. Many thanks to all that have contributed. =D> =D> =D> I am in discussion with the plaque maker (Daven) about the final format.

I will be launching the January Challenge tomorrow, and will be hoping for a good number of entries! :D :D :D

Happy New Year to all!! :ho2 :deer :ho2

Back