Selling Entire Workshop

UKworkshop.co.uk

Help Support UKworkshop.co.uk:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Benjamin

Established Member
Reaction score
Hello All, just wondering what's the best way to sell workshop machinery and tools? I've sold once before on here though that was just 1 item, I'm looking to sell everything. I don't really want to spam the selling section!

Ben

Ebay. Item by item. Tedious but you get the best price.

Jacob":3egww4lz said:
Ebay. Item by item. Tedious but you get the best price.

You pay their 10% as well! I'd run it past the mods to post it on here first. If it doesn't sell then ebay it.

Ben, if it's the workshop contents you did the WIP show and tell on in 2012 there will be no problem with you listing the equipment in the For sale section as long as you observe the guidelines.
As far as spamming with lots of separate posts, not a problem, that would be preferable from a management point of view as it is easier to flag a thread up as SOLD out of the way when it only has a few items listed, saves members trolling through pages looking for status of items.

Sorry to hear that such a fine example of workshop kit is having to be disposed of after all the effort into housing and assembling it.

Looks like the pull off the beach bar was too strong! I'd certainly recommend splitting the items into separate threads - much easier to manage interested replies :)

dont agree at all about ebay getting the best price. If you seriously want to sell the lot with minimum hassle then you need to sell with no reserve and without doubt some items will go for pennies. Then you have the aggro of buyers not turning up on time etc etc. If you are happy to sell at whatever price it fetches to clear the premises quickly then yes ebay is good but still aggro......

Benjamin":jd0f19n6 said:
Hello All, just wondering what's the best way to sell workshop machinery and tools? I've sold once before on here though that was just 1 item, I'm looking to sell everything. I don't really want to spam the selling section!

Ben

Hi Ben,

I've sent you a PM but not sure it's gone, sorry to hear you are selling up :(

I am in the process of kitting out my workshop and would be interested in a large selection of items...if you do decide to sell then please send me a message :)

Cheers

Arron

Thank you for all the quick replies ,this forum is amazing!!!

I'm going traveling next January and need the cash to help fund this once in a lifetime opportunity, sad to be selling my workshop contents but also relishing the idea of travel.

I've received your PM Arron and replied, Thank you!

EBay will be a pain in the backside. You run the risk, if you sell at auction, that you will be one of those listings that slips through the net, gets no views, and goes to some lucky guy for a bargain. That's how I get the majority of my eBay wins. If you sell at a buy it now or with a reserve you'll have weeks or months of resisting before you find someone who wants it, and you will inevitably have someone with a similar listing come along and undercut you to guarantee a sale.

I'd sell on here. Mostly honest users, and good lines of communication if there are any problems.

Sent from my LG-H815 using Tapatalk

Latest posts

Back